Pip tribunal decision said no to pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal decision said no to pip

Options
Fribrofighter
Fribrofighter Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Can someone advise me please I had My tribunal decision today and scored 6 & 4 so no pip award can I appeal the tribunal decision or have to reply for pip thanks  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that.

The only way you can appeal the decision is if an error in law was made. To know this you need to first request the statement of reasons any record of proceedings from HMCTS and you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request these. Once you receive them you need to find someone to have a look to see if they can find the error in law. If that's not found then i'm afraid it's the end of the road for this claim.

You can apply again at anytime but doing this and using the same evidence you recently used will very likely see another refusal and the process starts all over again.

I'd advise you to get some face to face advice from an agency near you. This link will help you find what's available in your area.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Fribrofighter
    Fribrofighter Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank you I've called CAB awaiting phone call back xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You'll need to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings by emailing HMCTS first. They can take as long as they want to send these out to you but no one will be able to see if there's an error in law without these.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Fribrofighter, I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the result you wanted at tribunal! Like Poppy has said, it is now about seeing if there has been an error in law.

Please do keep us updated and let us know if we can do anything else to help :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.