Severe disablement premium — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Severe disablement premium

fibrofognightmare71
fibrofognightmare71 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi I’d like to ask if anyone knows if you get back dated Severe Disablement Premiums? I was in receipt of it back in November last year when my PIP got stopped after the renewal face to face. The SDP is related to the pip so was stopped straight away too. I’ve just heard that after months of waiting my reconsideration was successful. It was also found that my Atos Assessor had lied repeatedly in my report aswell. As I’m back in receipt of pip will my ESA Severe Disablement Premium be back dated too? Or is that lost for good? Because basically the lying assessor caused me to lose it so is responsible. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you're still claiming ESA and live alone or classed as living alone then yes it will be backdated to the date it stopped. You'll need to ring ESA and ask to fill out the IS10 form over the phone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nan2harley21615
    nan2harley21615 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    You should ring up and fill form.in over the phone normally takes 7days for backpay to arrive in Bank. 
  • fibrofognightmare71
    fibrofognightmare71 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Thankyou ! Forgive my denseness but do I ring my ESA provider? Job centre plus? Or DWP ? X
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Phone the DWP ESA department explain about SDP and ask for IS10 which can be completed over the phone.

Thats the quickest option.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.