Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Julieg812
Julieg812 Community member Posts: 32 Listener
Hi everyone I had my assessment at my home on June 27th it lasted for an hour felt I was repeating myself with the questions she was asking....how long does it take to get a decision once you have had the assessment please...thank you ?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Julieg812, hello and welcome,  the decision can take 8 week to come pack to you. But there is nothing stoping you contacting the DWP a week after your assessment and requesting a copy of your assessment report which on receiving it you can see what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award notification letter. If the award is not what you expect then you have time to get more evidence to support your PIP application. But you must submit an application for an MR within 1 month of receiving your award notification letter by phone and followed up by post giving several examples of what happened the last time you had tried or attempted to do the descriptor that you are contesting in which you thing you should have been answered points. Good luck and keep posting.
  • Julieg812
    Hi thank you so much for your reply ? I'll give them.a ring tomorrow 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Julieg812 and welcome to the community. :)
    Did you manage to get through to them yesterday?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Julieg812
    Hi yes I rang them.....the guy I spoke to has put my report in the post thanks for asking ?
  • Julieg812
    Well my report is here already looking at it I'm not going to get pip!! There's things though shes put that I dont remember saying!!! I suffer with depression and anxiety for years now I used to claim incapacity benefit and they stopped it after a while but I appealed and won!!! Shes saying I came across normal etc yes because I'm in the comfort of my own home!!!! What can I do if I dont agree with this report? ☹
  • kdj
    kdj Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    write back to them and ask for a ' mandatory reconsideration ' which your entitled to have ,challenge anything you don't agree with in the report , and see if you can get anymore written medical advice from GP or other medical professionals you might be seeing , and send it into the DWP as extra evidence . Also I contacted my MP and got him involved , it takes some constant badgering but its what they are supposed to be there for , whatever you do don't give up, its something that the government seem to be relying on , perseverance is something to rely on as they tend to say no a lot , but keep going , good luck

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Julieg812, thank you for updating us. I'm sorry that you feel the report doesn't reflect your current situation, that cannot have been nice to read!

Have you tried adding up points that fit with the PIP descriptors to see what award you might be getting?

Unfortunately you cannot do anything until you receive the result letter. If you don't agree with that decision then you will have a month to appeal it. 

I understand this is very stressful but I hope the community will be able to support you through the appeal process if this is needed :)
    Scope

• Julieg812
    The points are on the medical report arent they? If so looks like I've scored zero x
  • Julieg812
    I told her I tried to take my own life a few times that's not on the report....all she spoke to me about and put in the report is about my ruptured shoulder it's not about that it's about my mind and depression x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Yes the points would be reflected within the report, I'm sorry it didn't take everything into account! Here is some information about a mandatory reconsideration which may help when you get the award letter through :)
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Use the PIP descriptors to compare the recommended points towards the back of the report. They mostly go with it but you'll still need to wait for a decision before requesting the MR. Once the decision is made you have 1 month.

You should put your request in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a few real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

You should avoid mentioning any lies that may have been told in the report because DWP/Tribunal won't be interested in any of those.

Most MR decisions remain the same so it's very likely it will get to Tribunal.

This link will help you find what's local to you for face to face help. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Julieg812
    I'm really unhappy with my report....does it show you the Mark's scored at the back....absolutely unreal if so I'm fumming my mum has written a letter to them 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    The recommended points will be towards the back of the report, They will have dots next to them, you can compare these with the PIP descriptors.

If the points don't recommend an award then you will of course need to wait for a decision to made. Once this is made you'll have 1 month from that date to request the MR. This should be put in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

You shouldn't mention any lies or contradictions told in the report because DWP and the Tribunal won't be interested in any of those.

Most MR decisions remain the same and you'll most likely need to take it to Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Julieg812
    Thank you so much I took it to a tribunal years ago when it was incapacity benefit they stopped it  but I won....everything on this form is untrue silly women she is x
  • Julieg812
    Thanks everyone my mum bless her wrote to DWP and commented on the report whether it helps I dont know.....but even one question that asks can I.plan a journey on my own she said yes!!!! Omg I will not budge out of my flat unless I'm with my partner or mum  I get such bad aniexy even thinking about it....what is wrong with these ppl I'm totally baffled ☹
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @Julieg812, I'm sorry the report wasn't accurate. Like Poppy has said, you'll have to wait until the decision and then will have to appeal it if it is not what you are wanting. Here is a link which explains the MR process. If you need anything else then please do let us know :)
    Scope

• Julieg812
    Thank you chloe ?
  • Julieg812
    Just looked at the link Chloe this happened years ago when I was getting incapacity benefit and it suddenly stopped I appealed and won....I went to the tribunal it was a bit scary but worth it in the end ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    I'm glad it was worth it in the end @Julieg812! I hope the process goes okay for you :)
    Scope

• Julieg812

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.