I have just received a text to say my assessment for PIP has been booked for July 24th at 10.30 in Redhill. its over 9 miles from where I live and I don't know the area as I have never been there. The assessment centre in Wandsworth is closer in distance and this is the centre my friend went to who leaves one road from me. Can I change location as I am already stressing because I dont know that area. I did request a centre on ground level which I know Wandsworth is. The text says I will receive a letter but having looked Redhill up the building appears to be a office block. I walk with crutches and cant do stairs and I got turned away from a ESA assessment for that reason because they said if there is a fire the lifts would shut down what would I do. I said I couldnt do the stairs so they sent me away and rebooked for a centre on the ground floor. Has anyone had any dealings with Redhill or Wandsworth?
- 49.3K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 658 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 968 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 925 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 586 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 703 Autism and neurodiversity
- 845 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.