Tribunal backpay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal backpay

Singing
Singing Community member Posts: 135 Courageous
hi I am just trying to have to consider all outcomes, because this is my life and I need to know what to do. So another question I have, is that if I go to tribunal and they decide not to award me PIP again. But they do think that It should have not have had it stopped when it was ~  is this something that can occur? Obviously I am worried that the outcome might not be what I believe is right. So I’m just wondering because they do not want to know how your condition has been affected since the time that it was stopped. Are they awarding PIP based on your current condition, or the condition that you were in when it was stopped? Because regardless they do not want to know this part apparently (That I was unwell then and my condition has got worse) But I am wondering, what if the same thing happens and they decide on the day that I do not need it. Would they backdate me from the last time they made that decision? Even if I am not re -awarded ? I am just trying to consider every option right now. Thank you. Are they deciding that they were wrong the initial time the decision was made? Or are they making a brand-new decision? Obviously both have very real implications to me.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's a new decision. If you're successfully awarded then you'll be backdated to the date it stopped. They won't take into consideration any worsening of condition.

If you're not awarded then there won't be any money to backdate. If this happens then you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons. Once you receive that if an error in law has been made you can appeal the decision, if it hasn't then you won't be able to take it any further.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.