Rules about WCA centre being over 90 mins travel distance? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Rules about WCA centre being over 90 mins travel distance?

Options
A while ago I read online (in guidelines I can no longer find) that if the assessment centre was more than 90 minutes travel distance from the claimant's home they wouldn't be expected to attend. Could you tell me if this still applies, or has this been scrapped? I've looked hard online and still can't find any current guideline about this. Thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,203 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It's not more than 90 minutes each way by public transport.

You can change the assessment date/time once but after this you will need to attend. Failure to attend will lead to a decision of being found fit for work for failing to attend.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For my recent PIP assessment the appointment they sent me was for 9am 20 miles away, I called them and they sorted another appointment at a better time and only 3 miles away.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.