Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Rules about WCA centre being over 90 mins travel distance?
A while ago I read online (in guidelines I can no longer find) that if the assessment centre was more than 90 minutes travel distance from the claimant's home they wouldn't be expected to attend. Could you tell me if this still applies, or has this been scrapped? I've looked hard online and still can't find any current guideline about this. Thanks.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.