Pip - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Comments

• alisha22
    alisha22 Community member Posts: 320 Pioneering
    Yes you are right about the MR,  I guess I should be happy with the points but I always go with the truth and some of the wording was not correct, but won't be challenging this atall. 
  • alisha22
    Can I also check as this is a change of circumstances and I was not awarded the correct award for my mental health  would they look into this or take this as a fresh award. By the way the award according to the report is for 2 years.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    As it was change of circumstances then it should be backdated to the date you reported the changes providing you had those conditions for at least 3 months from the date you reported the changes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • alisha22
    Yes ive had the conditions for more than 3 months. As im currently on the standard rate yet still had the mental health issues when I first applied for pip yet was awarded the standard rates, would they look into that too. Im only asking because I read somwhere they was looking into the mental health side of things as claimants were not getting the right rates and were being backdated payments because they had to change the law on this or something along these lines.
  • poppy123456
    They are reviewing all current claims but how long this will take i have no idea because there's thousands of claims to look at.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • alisha22
    Oh okay, anyway im just waiting for dwps decision letter to come now and will be glad its over. Poppy can I also thank you for all your advice as I really did not have a clue about who to ring on certain things and what to ask etc so you have been a great support.
  • alisha22
    Hello again im sorry for some silly questions but I sometimes don't understand wordings etc. Just wanted to know on a pip assessment report what is exactly the meaning of JUSTIFICATION FOR DESCRIPTORS CHOICE. Is it what they think it is or something else. Apologies again.
  • poppy123456
    If the box isn't ticked then they have to give reasons why it's not ticked and these are the reasons why they think that activity applies to you.
  • alisha22
    Hi poppy, well just gone through report and there are no boxes as such and definitely no ticks. Just highlighting the activity and then saying for example the cq states my mobility is restricted to less than 20 metres while (their wording)her pay indicated her mobility was restricted to 20-50 metres. Then at bottom of the activity they wrote it is likely she can stand and move over 50 metres but no more than 200 metres  safely aided the majority of days.
  • alisha22
    So basically all the report is pretty much the same, what CQ says then what my PA6 says and then it is likely etc etc. No boxes for ticks atall.
  • poppy123456
    I'm not sure why you're worrying, the report recommends Enhanced for both parts and this is the highest award you can have. It's very rare they go against the report. I know it's difficult but please try to relax and hopefully that decision will be made soon.
  • alisha22
    Yes you are right poppy, my daughter is saying exactly the same. I just been having to fight my entire life for whats right and seems a long journey ive been on so it really does take it out of you. I appreciate everyone who is going through the same and only wish them the success they rightly deserve. Thanks once again.
  • alisha22
    Hi everyone, I have not been here for a few weeks so here's a update. Today received a phone call from dwp asking  when my health deteriorated especially the mental health side. He then said he will put down the date of January 6 2018 and cannot go back any further. He told me I will be getting both enhanced rates rather than the standard rate I'm on at the moment. So does this mean this will be backdated from January 2018 or not or from the moment I put in the change of circumstances. Please advise. Thank you.
  • alisha22
    Sorry just another question,  as I am getting the standard rates for both will they take that into the payments and just add the amount that would of total to the enhanced rate. Or will they start backdating the enhanced rate from January 2018 im just abit confused and don't have anyone to ask.
  • poppy123456
    You will be backdated the difference between Standard and Enhanced for both from that date.
  • alisha22
    Oh ok thank you all.
  • alisha22
    Hello everyone, I just want to let you all know that finally got my pip and got both enhanced rates. However first they said they will go back as January 2018 but now they said from February 2019 which is the date I reported the change of circumstances. U did state that previously we always mentioned and provided medical evidence for mental health issues but not alot awareness was about then, but I am happy with the outcome and will advise anyone to fight for their right and be patient and you will get there.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Congratulations @alisha22. I'm glad you finally got this sorted. I'm sorry they're not backdating it as far as originally thought, but it's great that you're still getting it back to Feb 2019. 
    Thanks for sharing your news and good luck! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations for getting this sorted! I hope the backpayment doesn't take too long to come through :)
    Scope

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    I wish my assessor awarded me and didn't go against the previous assessor etc. my point have dropped from 18 in each to 8, I'd be happy with your points at least that means my money would be the same instead of it probably being reduced. A lot of people are struggling to be awarded when they have MH problems. I've been waiting for the decision for about 3 months now.

Congrats on the award. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.