Claiming Working Tax Credit as Single Person with Parents
Im posting on behalf of my son who has severe mental health difficulties, currently in receipt of PIP with enhanced daily living and ESA support group (income related) ; he gets "ESA living expenses" £73.10, plus "extra money because of the Disability Income Guarantee" £16.40 , and "extra money because in the support group" £37.65,. total £127.15.. He gets enhanced rate PIP for daily living. His father my partner receives higher rate mobility PIP. NO one claims carers allowance. I work and husband and I own our home. If our son works eg gets a job with salary of £19000., our question is, will he qualify for / can he apply for working tax credit ? He contributes towards bills and living expenses and we will expect him to contribute more if working. Whether he will keep a job is a different issue altogether. Thank you.
- 50.3K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 684 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 952 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.8K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 667 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 724 Autism and neurodiversity
- 870 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.