Mandatory reconsideration refused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration refused

jennicook
jennicook Community member Posts: 19 Connected
got refused so next step tribunal. Do I send medical evidence to pip as they made decisions on the assessment only even though I showed assessor it all pip say I supplied nothing, I have everything ready for tribunal paperwork etc just wondering do I send copy to pip?

Comments

• jennicook
    do I send the medical records and other paperwork that was shown to assessor to pip as well as tribunal, as they are saying they have made there decision on what assessor said even though she saw the medical notes etc. The reconsideration was refused as they said my son was on mild pain medication,gabapentin ,codeine,naproxen that’s just 3 he’s on a lot more.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    What is your current situation ? Have you applied to the tribunal ? Have you received the bundle of evidence used by the DWP to make the decision ?

You only need to send any new evidence to the tribunal.as part of your submission
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Only send new evidence to support your claim. What is your situation at the moment? Did you make a application to them or not? Have they sent you any evidence used in the decision making process? Carefully look over your evidence and then pick out new letters only to give them. I always send them photocopies of letters etc. 
  • jennicook
    They made their decision on the assessor only it’s my 16 year old son and they sent me the medical report from assessor and the reconsideration refusal, they said no evidence was submitted, yet I sent them 9 pages, recorded delivery and rang to ask if they received it. 
  • jennicook
    So I’m sending the same to tribunal plus medical evidence. Do I send it to pip again?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    You'll only need to send new evidence to the Tribunal. Everything you've already sent to support your claim will be sent to the Tribunal by DWP and you'll receive a copy of everything they send. All of this will be in the "bundle" when you receive this you should go through it and read everything.

Waiting times for hearings are huge across most of the country so you'll have plenty of time to send any other evidence. For now you just need to make sure you send the SSCS1 form to request the Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jennicook
    Been told waiting been told waiting time for tribunal here is 60 weeks.
  • jaqisitt
    jaqisitt Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    I would just send straight to tribunal. Dwp sent my paperwork so late for mandatory reconsideration I had 72 hours to get evidence and return it to them. Ridiculous situation. I have my tribunal tomorrow. Waited 13 months. Dreading it
  • Benny20021
    Benny20021 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    If you send any NEW evidence to PIP and you ask them to do another mandatory reconsideration, they legally have to. you can ask for a mandatory reconcideration as manytimes as you want..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.