ESA50 & Chronic Migraine Help?
Hello everyone, I'm looking for some advice, I have an ESA50 to fill in. I suffer from Chronic Migraine and I am really struggling to answer most if not all of the questions in the physical functions part of the questionnaire, for example, the question asking if I can reach with my arm or lift my arm high enough to put something in a pocket, none of the physical questions seem in any way relatable to anyone suffering from any sort of chronic headache disorder, I don't know if it's just the medication I'm on making my mind blank but I'm just at a loss in how to answer these questions relating to my health issue, I've also had a look at the descriptors and it seems like they are very specific to the questions, again, in no way relatable to a chronic headache condition, therefore no points will be scored. I just find it utterly mad that because I can lift my arm/reach that it somehow means I do not have a debilitating condition and therefore wouldn't qualify for ESA.
I'd appreciate if anyone could offer me any advice or know of any websites that are related to migraine/chronic headaches that have any advice or help in filling in this form in relation to that condition.
Thank you for your time.
- 54.2K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 157 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 800 Work and employment
- 591 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.8K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 941 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.