I want to know if my PIP payment will be re-instated. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I want to know if my PIP payment will be re-instated.

Stickman
Stickman Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I want to know if my PIP payment will be re-instated.  I was refused PIP recently which means I don't get Severe Disability Premium.

My question is - has there been a u-turn on PIP  and ESA.  Will DLA be re-introduced.  I've heard that all cases are to be reviewed.  How long will that take?  What is going on?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Stickman and welcome

Have you requested a mandatory reconsideration ?
    DLA will not be reintroduced
    If you were transfered from IB to ESA then you might be assessed to see if you are entitled to an IR top up
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Stickman
    edited November 2018
    I was moved from DLA to PIP but only awarded the Mobility component and NOT care component.  I did request a mandatory reconsideration - I am waiting to hear.  Then I read that every claim is to be re-assessed after mistakes were made.  Is that right?
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    No.  That just applies to some cases where people were not awarded Mobility for mental health reasons when they should have been. 
  • Stickman
    Ah right, so when every claim is to be re-assessed, it has nothing to do with the care component?
  • ceege4
    ceege4 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Hi @Stickman
    You should soon get notification about your mandatory reconsideration and the decision that's been made. If you don't get the decision you feel you are entitled to you can then take it to court. I did this and I won my case so please don't give up. Hope all goes well ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Stickman said:
    Ah right, so when every claim is to be re-assessed, it has nothing to do with the care component?
    No, the descriptors that were changed were for following and planning a journey only.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Stickman
    Sorry I have been away for so long, I have another question.  What is the rule for bending down and touching my toes.  If I can stand, do I need to stand up for this test?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Most assessors have their own ways of testing phsical activities. However you are not required to perform any physical activity that causes undue pain or suffering provided that you give reason for declining
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Stickman
    I've had my PIP back and I've been refused for PIP care component.  I am now in the process of requesting a Tribunal. 

My question is - how long do I have to submit my form?  Is it 21 days or 28 days?
  • poppy123456
    You have 1 month from the date of the MR decision to send the SSCS1 form and your MR decision letter to HMCTS.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Stickman
  • Stickman
    edited July 2019
    Good news.  I have had a letter to say that my tribunal will be held on the 14th of August at 14.50.  Hopefully, fingers and toes crossed, it will be all good.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Best of luck @Stickman, it's been a long time coming! Let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Stickman
  • Stickman
    Won my appeal.
  • kentpete123
    kentpete123 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
  • Stickman
    edited August 2019
    Thanks, but just wondering how long does it take for money to come in?  I know backpay will take 4 - 6 weeks.  Is there a chance that the DWP can refuse to pay?
  • poppy123456
    Great news. DWP have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons. If they request this they will contact you by letter. Requesting this doesn't mean they are appealing the decision because they can only appeal if an error in law is found. If they request the SOR then it can delay payment of backdated money and your future payments starting.

They sometimes request it but rarely appeal.
  • Stickman
    Oh, I thought that my weekly/fortnightly PIP payment would be re'instated would be in a matter of days if not immediately.

• poppy123456
    Unfortunately not, it takes longer than that i'm afraid. Sometimes it can take as long as 8 weeks for it to be reinstated. This is because they have the same chance we do, to request the SOR and they have 1 month to do this.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.