PIP claim Supplementary Report - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP claim Supplementary Report

Options
2»

Comments

• suzy_sugar2005
    suzy_sugar2005 Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
    Options
    Yes I know very well now after reading alot of stories that it could mean anything. But for me I feel successful in even getting a new report. Having zero points i have nothing to lose. 
  • suzy_sugar2005
    edited July 2019
    Options
    So it wasnt good news and I feel very crappy now after suffering from a melt down for approx 2 hours. So i dont have the correct evidence to legally justify my application. I found out that my doctor can tell them about how it affects me but they only ask after the first decision after rejection. I asked the CM why cant you request it now because the info provided isnt enough to support my claim. So i asked what is the need to make an unnecessary decision and prolong it making me wait longer and suffer more. She was stuck for words. I have the conversation recorded on thier end so if it gets to a tribunal which I dont think it will because I will provide the correct evidence needed now I know what it is. Not a nice process but at least now I know and I can make it undeniable to them with my evidence. Trying to keep strong 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome

It is about the ability to do that particular activity safely/independently. For example my child has a physical disability. Moving around is difficult for my son so I explained that in layman’s terms on the form. Similarly he cannot use a bathroom alone (we are working on it) either. Be confident. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR. You should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Avoid mentioning any lies or contradictions that may have been told in the report because DWP and Tribunal won't be interested in any of those.

There's no correct wording to use when explaining how your conditions affect you. You just simply need to explain it, with as much detail as possible. In a previous comment you said you don't feel like doing anything, when don't you feel like doing anything? You need to explain why, in simple terms.

I'm not sure why you were advised that they will contact your GP after you've been rejected. They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence. The onus is on the claimant to make sure it's sent to support your claim.

Only 18% of MR decisions change, so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times are huge in a lot of areas and some are waiting as long as 1 year for a hearing date, from the time they accept your appeal. Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour, 74% of those who appear are successful.

It maybe worth you speaking to a local advice agency near you for help, support and advice face to face. This link will help you find what's available local to you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Caroline16
    Caroline16 Community member Posts: 11 Courageous
    Options
    Hi all
    hope your all feeling well 

I've had some real issues with my PIP assessment, was unhappy with some thing things the assessor said, ( they weren’t true ) I was advised to go for a reconsideration , which I got help with, (benefits officer) they still didn’t agree with me, I got PIP at standard rate, she said she observed me walking 21 mtrs to her office, I explained that was because I’d had a 20 min rest before I walked to her office, and there were days my pain levels hardly allowed me to get out of bed let alone walk anywhere, my reconsideration, stated they agreed with the assessor, I’ve now been advised to take it to court at appeal level, I’m finding all of this very very stressful, I feel they are calling me a lier, I have MS every day is different, on cold wet days I can hardly walk due to balance issues and spasms 
    I’ll let you all know how I get on, feeling very let down if I’m honest, thanks for taking the time to read my rant 
    cheers 
    caroline 

• suzy_sugar2005
    Options
    They all let us down. Today I found out that they do care plans and I'm fully eligible so why havent they offered me it. All I have ever wanted is to lead a healthy independent manageable life. So so sad

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.