Insurance on motability - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Insurance on motability

Options
13»

Comments

• babscat
    babscat Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope Yes, fab news ... feel like we’ve won the lottery!! Big smiles here ?
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Government_needs_reform

Can I please get back to you in the next few days.

I am about to board my Leer jet, as I need to move several Billions of Dollars, from my Yorkshire bank account, to  Zurich and then on to off shore accounts.

Yes I still claim PIP, but I am a lawful claimant.

I further attest, I lack the capacity to verify your capacity to be a cynic of DWP !!
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    Options
    babscat said:
    @Government_needs_reform
    I totally get what you mean..... I have the name of the person I spoke to and the name of the underwriter too!
    The person I spoke to was very helpful and extremely thorough too, so I have full confidence in their advise and, excitedly, will be looking at cars now!! 
    @babscat I get what you are saying I myself have only ever had a great experience with Motability.

RSA is the insurance company 'Royal Sun alliance' and they do the underwriting.

Just having a name is really not worth anything unless it's in writing, the person you spoke to maybe generally a really nice person, but then say later on NO I didn't say or do that.

But again it's not valid proof...

I myself would feel better having it in writing, take it for one instance you you and your husband had an accident coming back from, or going to a phot shoot, then the insurance company need to know what happend?

Then you say for arguments sake we was going to do a photo shoot.

If it's not confirmed in writing you may also not be covered by this what you e been told over the phone.

Me again over thinking everything again.?

babscat, do what your happy with.?
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Options
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @Government_needs_reform

Can I please get back to you in the next few days.

I am about to board my Leer jet, as I need to move several Billions of Dollars, from my Yorkshire bank account, to  Zurich and then on to off shore accounts.

Yes I still claim PIP, but I am a lawful claimant.

I further attest, I lack the capacity to verify your capacity to be a cynic of DWP !!

@atlas46 of course you can, as long as it's all in writing. Behave you should know better?

Now you now know, as I've put it to you in writing. Take care.

@babscat good luck and hope it all works out okay for you both.?
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• babscat
    Options
    @Government_needs_reform Ah .... I forgot to mention something quite important ... the insurance certificate for the business use will be issued once we have the car ... so ... in the event of anything happening travelling to/from photo shoot, the insurance will be valid! ?
    Options
    babscat said:
    @Government_needs_reform Ah .... I forgot to mention something quite important ... the insurance certificate for the business use will be issued once we have the car ... so ... in the event of anything happening travelling to/from photo shoot, the insurance will be valid! ?

@babscat That's a result then, as you will have it in writing ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    ⬇️

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news. Just goes to show that some things are quite what they seem to be. Have fun choosing that car.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    Options
    If our partners can use it for work then it's easier for them to quickly get home to us if we're taken ill. 
  • babscat
    Options
    Absolutely KG100 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    edited July 2019
    Options
    You'll have to let us know what car you decide on @babscat!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • babscat
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope It’s very exciting! We think we’ve decided on a Vauxhall Grandlander X. Several reasons for this choice:
    1) enough space (with the back seats down) for my scooter, and, importantly, our dog Maddies, crate. 
    2) perfect height for getting in and out  (for my hips)
    3) the most amazingly comfy seat!! It has 16 way adjustments - bliss!! 
    We think we’ll be placing the order at the end of August. The garage said to allow at least 3 months so hopefully delivery before Christmas.
    Can’t wait!!! 

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Show us pictures!
  • babscat
    Options
    It was a real eye opener trying the front seats out. They are called ergonomic active seats. They are ARG certified, (campaign for healthier backs) and are designed to provide long distance travel seating and back comfort. 
    I never knew such seats existed! 

Brightness