PIP Mobility - Psychological Distress - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Mobility - Psychological Distress

2»

Comments

• aspieangie
    aspieangie Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    ilovecats said:
    ilovecats said:
    Hi, This is the part that I am having problems with also and I am now in the process of going to tribunal. What I do not understand about this OPD is if you google OPD it is only found in the context of PIP nowhere else? So how would / could anyone have or get a diagnosis with OPD??
    Have they awarded you 0 points for mobility as well?

That's what I don't get either. I wonder if anyone has been awarded descriptor f without having 'OPD' written down.. that what I'd like to know. Would make me feel a bit less worried about my tribunal
    They have and I used to award it as well but normally for cognitive deficits. Normally E is the more common for mental health and OPD. I personally used to find that F would be awarded were there was a real and present risk of violence relating to mental health. 
    Violence because of their mental health condition? Would this be the case for autism too? As violent behaviour comes from both my Complex PTSD and Aspergers, something Psychologists have also written about in my letters
    Yes, ASD can cause behaviour that would warrant an F.
    Thanks this has helped a lot. I'll ask my carer if he can help me go through my medical letters later so we can try and work out where we are
  • Pipquestions2
    Pipquestions2 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    I'm sort of in a similar boat to you and the E/F and OPD descriptors is quite confusing, I had troubles with it aswell. @ilovecats and @poppy123456 helped explain it a bit to me. They said I should be F because I can't go out alone and when I'm around strangers alone I can get aggressive/violent and lose control rather than E which I originally thought.

My diagnosis is just severe social anxiety but everyone that gets involved thinks I have aspergers/autism but I failed the tests for that so  I dunno, I think I probably have it somewhere deep down but it's a specific case (no sensory issues etc) so I can't seem to pass the test so they just lump it down to anxiety.

So based off what they said to me and what you've written I think we could/should both get 11F
  • aspieangie
    Yes it is, that's good they have been helpful to you as well. Anxiety can be very debilitating and really difficult to live with.

Good luck with yours! I'm hoping we both get F :) 
  • Pipquestions2
    Yes it is, that's good they have been helpful to you as well. Anxiety can be very debilitating and really difficult to live with.

Hello, I scored 12 points today so @ilovecats and @poppy123456 were correct. 

I have no physical mobility problems and managed to get F. So it's definitely possible. Was given 0 for both at assessment and ended up with daily living rate and enhanced mobility 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great news @Pipquestions2! Thank you for sharing this with us!
    Scope

• aspieangie

I have no physical mobility problems and managed to get F. So it's definitely possible. Was given 0 for both at assessment and ended up with daily living rate and enhanced mobility 
    Hi Pip that's great well done. Did you have to go to Tribunal? Hopefully I have the same outcome!
  • Pipquestions2

Hi Pip that's great well done. Did you have to go to Tribunal? Hopefully I have the same outcome!
    Yup, scored 0 for both at assessment. Done paper appeal they said they wanted to see me in person. Went to oral appeal at tribunal and won 10 points daily living and 12 points mobility 
  • aspieangie
    Forgot to say that I was awarded 12 points for Mobility for Planning and Following a route of a journey. Thanks to everyone for their help, and good luck to anyone going through the same! 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Thank you for updating us @aspieangie and congratulations! This is amazing news!
    Scope

• aspieangie
    Thank you for updating us @aspieangie and congratulations! This is amazing news!
    Thanks Chloe, I have enhanced on both for an ongoing period now :) 
  • Chloe_Scope
    That's great! :)
    Scope

• Pipquestions2
    Forgot to say that I was awarded 12 points for Mobility for Planning and Following a route of a journey. Thanks to everyone for their help, and good luck to anyone going through the same! 
    Well done ?
  • rethgil
    rethgil Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi
    Can someone PLEEEEASE tell me what year the above happened? I think I should appeal myself as I am in a similar situation, but the recent changes they made to PIP assessments regarding mobility points and anxiety related/OPD symptoms makes me think it wouldnt be worth my while. But the above posts from AspieAngie give me hope and suggest otherwise, if it happened in 2018 or 2019, after the changes were made.

But if the posts were made before 2017, it would be different. For whatever reason, there are no year markers on the website indicating when posts were made, hence me asking direct. Hope nobody minds this!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    rethgil said:
    Hi
    Can someone PLEEEEASE tell me what year the above happened? I think I should appeal myself as I am in a similar situation, but the recent changes they made to PIP assessments regarding mobility points and anxiety related/OPD symptoms makes me think it wouldnt be worth my while. But the above posts from AspieAngie give me hope and suggest otherwise, if it happened in 2018 or 2019, after the changes were made.

But if the posts were made before 2017, it would be different. For whatever reason, there are no year markers on the website indicating when posts were made, hence me asking direct. Hope nobody minds this!
    Hi,

This thread is from  2019 but you can't compare yourself to another person because we're all affected differently by these conditions. You really should get some face to face advice from an agency near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Welcome to the community @rethgil!

If you have any questions of your own, you can start your own thread here and we'll be able to offer some support and guidance. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.