Is there anything I can do? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is there anything I can do?

Options
shugggymac
shugggymac Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I had a pip assessment and I recieved 6 points i didnt get nothing and this is with me having a brain injury and have mobility problems. Anyway I asked them to look at it again and they gave me standard rate mobility so I had doctors letters aswell as from other health professions and at the 3rd attempt they have gave me standard on both care and mobility so I was scared of losing everything so I accepted almost 6 weeks later I am just getting a 1st payment nxt week but I still dont think the decision is right and since my claim started I have now had 3 falls with one chipping a bone and another one falling and knocking myself out can I try and get my pips checked again because of my mobility ? b4 wen I was on dla   I was on high for mobility Is there anything I can do because I have accepted what they have gave me already ?

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @shugggymac and a warm welcome to the community!

When you were trying again, was this an appeal or a new claim?

I'm sorry you haven't been getting the points you expected. Please do bare in mind that DLA and PIP are different benefits.
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,341 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

If the decision was changed at MR stage then your next step is Tribunal and you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this.

Do be aware that any worsening of condition will not be taken into consideration by the Tribunal.

Before you decide what to do i'd advise you to speak to an advice agency near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @shugggymac, how are you doing this morning?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.