Living in caravan want to get on council list — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Living in caravan want to get on council list

Milly9697
Milly9697 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, I am registered disable & get PIP. My husband also gets PIP. We also both receive carers allowance and ESA. We currently spend most our time living in a caravan. This was the only option available to us, after my mum died and we sold her house. We found it very hard finding landlords that would take us on due to benefits. We would like to get council housing now. We've been living here for about 2.5 years but are concerned what the council could do. We shouldn't officially be living here, so have to say it's a 11.5 month holiday, but not sure how well this would go down with the council. Has anybody any idea how this could go? Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'd advise you to speak to a local advice agency near you regarding this and they will be able to give you the correct advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello

Speak to your council. They can answer questions and provide information too. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.