ESA Tribunal Win — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Tribunal Win

dragonaire
dragonaire Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Ive just had my tribunal hearing for ESA I won & have been put in the support group what happens next.  I was on ESA 18 months ago  & was put onto JSA  in the meantime I appealed & it failed so I took it to tribunal & have won  with a recommendation that I am not  re assessed for a min period of 2 years. I have been placed in the support group. I get JSA now with two top ups one for being disabled & 1 for being severely  disabled. Do I still get these when they put me back on ESA or will I be worse off because I loose the top ups.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news. You will need to continue to claim JSA until you hear from DWP and the Tribunal decision and this could take 8 weeks, same amount of time for any backdated money owed.

The one disability premium you're claiming will stop when you move to ESA. The severe disability premium will continue and you'll also be entitled to the Enhanced disability premium. At the moment on JSA you should be receiving approximately £173 per week.

When you move to ESA you'll be receiving slightly more, despite the one disability premium stopping and the amount you'll receive is approximately £191 per week.

Do be aware that the length of time given to you by the Tribunal is just a guide, DWP can overrule this and re-assess you anytime from 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dragonaire
    Thanks tho ive got the decision in writing I guess I have to wait for  the DWP to receive there copy
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hello @dragonaire, nice to meet you. Great news about your tribunal win! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • dragonaire
    Thanks Adrian   I was over the moon at the result  its only took 18 months to get it  from 0 points  to 15 points   what a result
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks tho ive got the decision in writing I guess I have to wait for  the DWP to receive there copy
    They would have already received theirs but it can take 8 weeks to put the award into payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Thanks Adrian   I was over the moon at the result  its only took 18 months to get it  from 0 points  to 15 points   what a result
    That's a huge jump! I hope they put it into payment quickly for you. Congratulations again. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • dragonaire
    Just thought id give a quick update ... wow how the DWP can move  when they want to they  have already put me back on ESA & a large payment has been issued to me  ( sorry I wont put  how much)  a very large indeed  which I will receive in y banks account  in the next 2 days it also states on their computes  Mr *******  should not be e assessed for at least 2 years I never dreamt the change over would be so smooth & so quick just proves  they can move their backsides when they have to. Tho I do admit it felt so good walking out of the jobcentre one last time  with a big grin on my face  bit naughty I know  but I couldn't help it 18 months of hell & I mean hell  & its party all over  the  battle has been won I bet they wont write & say sorry we got it wrong
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dragonaire, thank you for taking the time to update us about this! I'm so happy they have managed to sort this all out :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.