So depressed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

So depressed

Options
t0nkys
t0nkys Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
and nobody is awake!! I’m trying my hardest not to do anything stupid. It’s really hard when you have no support, it’s been a year and a half and nothing has been put in place for me. 

Comments

• Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that if you're feeling so low cantact your local crisis team x
  • nikkif
    nikkif Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
    Options
    I feel ur pain when  I 1st became ill depression was unknown to me and when it hit me I didnt know what it was or how to deal with it. I've had 2 rounds of counselling cbt mindfulness course and nothing has helped because my illness is ongoing and my life has basically stopped. Every day i wake up most days i dont want to but i try to make it through that in the end things will improve. Noone around me understands, the constant mood swings, the lack of self interest the lack of actual medical support sometimes it feels like your going round the bend. But talk, talk, talk someone will always be there to listen noone can fix us that's down to us but a listening ear goes along way. Your stronger than you think. Just asking for help takes massive courage. Please care for yourself. Xxx
  • t0nkys
    Options
    nikkif said:
    I feel ur pain when  I 1st became ill depression was unknown to me and when it hit me I didnt know what it was or how to deal with it. I've had 2 rounds of counselling cbt mindfulness course and nothing has helped because my illness is ongoing and my life has basically stopped. Every day i wake up most days i dont want to but i try to make it through that in the end things will improve. Noone around me understands, the constant mood swings, the lack of self interest the lack of actual medical support sometimes it feels like your going round the bend. But talk, talk, talk someone will always be there to listen noone can fix us that's down to us but a listening ear goes along way. Your stronger than you think. Just asking for help takes massive courage. Please care for yourself. Xxx
    It’s just finding that listening ear at the moment. I’ve been calling the service I was assessed at for an update but no call back. Very frustrating! I’m doing the best I can, the heat isn’t helping!!
  • t0nkys
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that if you're feeling so low cantact your local crisis team x
    It probably wouldn’t count as a crisis and also I have no idea who my crisis team is since I’ve moved!
  • Firefly123
    Options
    My son is going through the same so I do have some understanding of how hard it is to get the right help. We all need someone to listen. Can't be easy moving to a new area. x
  • t0nkys
    Options
    My son is going through the same so I do have some understanding of how hard it is to get the right help. We all need someone to listen. Can't be easy moving to a new area. x
    Yeah it’s been hard, I hope your son gets the help he needs, NHS cuts these days are affecting everyone
  • Firefly123
    Options
    Yes that's true so many cuts in services and so long waiting for coucelling and it's only 6 weeks blocks no where near enough. I hope you manage to find the help you need x
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @t0nkys. I'm really sorry to hear you were struggling last night, but I'm glad you reached out here and both Nikkif and Firefly123 were here to talk with you.

Did you find any way of distracting yourself in the end? In one of your other posts, you mentioned playing Her Story. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Have you made much progress? The heat these last few nights (and not being able to sleep) has definitely not been helping my mental health. Are you feeling any better at all this morning? 

I'm not sure on how much local support you have, but if you want to give MIND a call, they could direct you to some support groups close by who might be able to help.

If you're still having a bad time and you really need to talk to someone, you can always give Samaritans a call (116 123) or email them (jo@samaritans.org) But if you think it might be more serious and you might be in danger, please don't hesitate to call 999 or go to your local hospital.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • t0nkys
    Options
    Hi @t0nkys. I'm really sorry to hear you were struggling last night, but I'm glad you reached out here and both Nikkif and Firefly123 were here to talk with you.

Did you find any way of distracting yourself in the end? In one of your other posts, you mentioned playing Her Story. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Have you made much progress? The heat these last few nights (and not being able to sleep) has definitely not been helping my mental health. Are you feeling any better at all this morning? 

I'm not sure on how much local support you have, but if you want to give MIND a call, they could direct you to some support groups close by who might be able to help.

If you're still having a bad time and you really need to talk to someone, you can always give Samaritans a call (116 123) or email them (jo@samaritans.org) But if you think it might be more serious and you might be in danger, please don't hesitate to call 999 or go to your local hospital.
    I stayed awake all night but I made it through!! I’ve done 4 parts of Her Story and I haven’t even done half the clips (according to the steam achievements). It’s very interesting though! Thank you for checking on me. Hoping I’ll get to sleep a bit in the day.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Fingers crossed @t0nkys. Take it easy and let us know how you get on or if you need any support from us. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good morning @t0nkys, I'm sorry to hear you have had such a bad night. How are you feeling this morning? I've never heard of that game, what is it like?
    Scope

• t0nkys
    Options
    Good morning @t0nkys, I'm sorry to hear you have had such a bad night. How are you feeling this morning? I've never heard of that game, what is it like?
    My mornings been a lot better now that I’ve talked to my mum and nephew. It’s a full motion video game where you are in a database typing key words about a murder and you get clips of the suspect talking to the police. I’m not sure how you finish the game yet tho! I think instead of napping I’ll buy an energy drink for today and then sleep tonight hopefully.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad your morning has been a lot better @t0nkys and I hope talking to your family helped :)

That sounds like a really interesting game! Fingers crossed for a better nights sleep tonight.
    Scope

Brightness