Pip - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem :)
    Scope

• Julieg812
    Julieg812 Community member Posts: 32 Listener
    Hi nearly 4 weeks now since I had my assessment....does it take this long even if DWP say no to you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Julieg812 said:
    Hi nearly 4 weeks now since I had my assessment....does it take this long even if DWP say no to you 
    There's no timescales to any decision, it depends on backlog in your area. 4 weeks doesn't mean anything other than 4 weeks.

As you've already received the assessment report then this is very good indication of what the decision will be because they usually go with the report. It's very rare for them to go against it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • suzy_sugar2005
    suzy_sugar2005 Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
    The best way to find out where they are upto with your application is to call and ask. Tell them it is causing you distress. You are entitled to know. I sent a letter in before my decision and its done something as they have recieved a new report. But honestly everyone is different and the best way is to call and ask. Even if your mum calls for you.  
  • Julieg812
    Thank you ladies my mum sent a letter in after my report because it was lies after lies unbelievable what the assessor said so we wasn't happy ?
  • Julieg812
    1st July I received a text saying they have received my report....then the 9th July same message? So unless this is because my mum sent a letter back with the report 
  • poppy123456
    Give them a ring Monday, if a decision's been made they will tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Julieg812
    Hi everyone well the dreaded letter came and I'm not getting pip....3 questions that are utter lies...cant travel by myself have to be with my partner or mum.....2nd cant budget money partner does it I have no concept of money....3rd cant take medication by myself forget if I have taken it partner helps....I'm fumming how do I go forward from here please can anyone tell me thank you 
  • poppy123456
    edited July 2019
    You should put your request in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a few real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR.

For example, why can't you go out alone? What will happen if you did go out alone? This comes under following and planning a journey.

Why can't you make budgeting decisions? Why does your partner do this and what would happen if you did this? Needing help with remember to take medication will only score you 1 point. What other activities do you think you should score points in because there's another 8.

You should avoid mentioning any lies that may have been told in the report because DWP/Tribunal won't be interested in any of those.

Most MR decisions remain the same so it's very likely it will get to Tribunal.

This link will help you find what's local to you for face to face help. https://advicelocal.uk/
  • suzy_sugar2005
    Poppy why do you always point out the negative things. You arent very helpful. How can you say most stay the same when everyone knows that there is a good chance at MR. Usually this is by seeking help to help with your claim to make sure your affects of your illness are justifiable via the relevant evidence. 
  • kentpete123
    kentpete123 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Poppy is a very knowledgeable and helpful lady the fact is less than 18% of decisions get changed at MR as apposed to 74% at tribunal in most cases the DM will go with the assessors report at MR
  • Cazann
    Cazann Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Poppy why do you always point out the negative things. You arent very helpful. How can you say most stay the same when everyone knows that there is a good chance at MR. Usually this is by seeking help to help with your claim to make sure your affects of your illness are justifiable via the relevant evidence. 
    suzy. Poppy isn't being negative, she is pointing out how you are likely to get your points. It is known that the MR stage usually not changes anything and that is why so many people end up going to tribunal..as I am. Poppy is pointing out that you will have to explain why you cannot do these tasks, as these get you the points. Just write down all the discriptors and tick the ones that you feel relates to you.
    My tribunal is Wednesday 31st and I have had great advice from the Scope team.  I hope that you get what you want, when you go to tribunal.
    Good luck xx

• poppy123456
    @Cazann thank you very much for that! Good luck with the Tribunal and please do let us know the outcome!
  • suzy_sugar2005
    That's a good feature yes. And I know you are stating facts but what about helpful advice. What about the fact that assessments are based on how you explain your condition and evidence to show it affecting you in your life can help. People need to know more helpful advice about the process. Any medical history showing how it is affecting you can be very helpful and obviously people who are genuine will have this to show. But fact is they dont know about accessing their medical records for proof. It is done via the trust you are under I.e Lancashire Trust. I didnt know and now I face a NO because the fact is I did not provide them with what they needed to show I'm genuine. Very good process but no real guide on how to do it. My path now is to collect all my evidence ready for my MR so it doesnt have to go to court. I wasnt saying your comments were wrong poppy. I just thought this is a community to help each other but everything I have read of yours so far focusses on the negative side of the PIP process. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though. I have none of you I would just like to see some friendly helpful advice. 
  • Cazann
    Cazann Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    poppy123456.
    I will post back after my tribunal (2pm) Thank you and the team, for all your advice...whatever the outcome. xx :)
  • kentpete123
    kentpete123 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
  • poppy123456
    @suzy_sugar2005 i gave very helpful advice and i'm not sure why you think different. I can't tell someone where they can get their evidence from. No one can tell them exactly what they need to write and how to write it. There's only so much advice someone can give on an internet forum.

I am constantly telling others what PIP is all about and how they should explain everything in as much detail as possible. I really have no idea how different you want me to give that advice. Constantly giving advice that PIP isn't about a diagnosis. Just exactly like i advised you on your other threads. I shrug my shoulders....
  • KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    The evidence I used were all the hospital letters that I've received after seeing my consultants. 
    I never throw them away and save them all up in a folder, then send them off when needed.
    They have all my medical conditions on them and how I'm affected by them.
    Also an up to date repeat prescription.
    This was enough for me. 
  • suzy_sugar2005
    Exactly @KG100 so why go round the world with unecessary explanations. I did not know how mine affected me in medical terms but now I do and now I can prove it an doubt I'll have to go to tribunal 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.