What TV Shows You are watching? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What TV Shows You are watching?

Options
M_Anthony
M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
What are your top shows at the moment? I am always on the lookout for new TV stuff to watch! Anyway here a some of mine, feel free to add as many as you want!

Stranger Things. As they release the new seasons episodes in one go, I have been binge watching the recent one. It is a great 80's set Sci-Fi horror show.

The Orville. A funny Sci-Fi comedy show influenced by star trek. 

Chicago P.D. A gritty good quality police drama about detectives in America. It stands out over various CSI related series with better character development.

The Flash. Sorry if this is post is becoming a bit of a Sci-Fi overload, but The Flash surprised me in being the best comic book adapted series I have ever seen and has great characters and the quality of the episodes never drops. You don't have to like comics to enjoy this!

Comments

• brydiedwards
    brydiedwards Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    Options
    Stranger Things is definitely one of my favourites at the moment too, just finished watching S3 myself!
    I also just finished Sharp Objects, a sort of mystery-thriller based on a book, which was completely gripping.
    Lastly one show I loved first time round and have just started re-watching is Yonderland, a ridiculous family comedy show that gets funnier every time I watch it.
  • M_Anthony
    Options
    I will check out Yonderland and Sharp objects. Thanks!
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm watching Blacklist on Netflix. Fantastic!
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    just discovered TED on YOU TUBE.....it`s a platform for speakers about a huge variety of subjects. Watched a few last night. They were about;

1. a Hospice doctor who had lost 3 limbs in a student prank...climbed on top of an electric train for fun.....
    2.a woman who had escaped a cult
    3. a comedian geek and scam emails
    4.the mother of Columbine shootings

All very interesting!
  • M_Anthony
    edited July 2019
    Options
    TED is really interesting! I have been watching stuff on that for a long time.

I love crime dramas, I will have a look at Blacklist as well. Thanks Waylay!
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Poldark
    Downton Abbey
    Anything historical is good. I enjoy costume dramas. 
  • M_Anthony
    Options
    Speaking of historical has anyone seen  the Chernobyl series that came out not long ago? It was not always easy to watch, but was a very good series.
  • M_Anthony
    Options
    Yeah, with Game of Thrones I only started watching it after a few years of it starting and there is always so much other stuff to watch!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ackley Bridge is a good one at the moment - second to last episode to the series is tonight!
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    edited August 2019
    Options
    The first couple of seasons of Game of Thrones were great, but the more they deviated from the books the worse they got. Controversial opinion perhaps, but there's better stuff out there!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • M_Anthony
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope I never read the books, but I will say that the quality of the TV show has started to drop somewhat and I still have some way to go.

On the subject of fantasy shows, they are making a Lord of the Rings TV series for Amazon. I think with the epic in scale films still in recent memory, I am not sure if the additional stuff from the books will be enough to stir my interest. What does everyone else think?

Brightness