Pip - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    I think when offering help we all focus on different things because we all find different approaches helpful. The reason a lot of members point out the low success rate at MR stage isn't to be negative, it's to prepare people. Statistically, decisions are unlikely to change at MR but a high percentage of decisions do change at tribunal, which is very useful for claimants to know. I think we can all understand why that news may be upsetting, but it can help to be prepared so having to take it to tribunal isn't such a shock. 

@Julieg812, I'm sorry your application wasn't successful. Will you be appealing? 

I'm really sorry you're struggling so much at the moment @suzy_sugar2005. Fluctuating conditions can be difficult to evidence. Are you getting any help with your claim at all Suzy?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • suzy_sugar2005
    suzy_sugar2005 Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
    No none at all that's what's so upsetting because I know I'm eligible I'm just really struggling with how to put it into perspective for them
  • saz11
    saz11 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    @suzy_sugar2005

Sorry to hear you are not getting help or support which should be available to you. I am also in the MR Stage of my claim and it has been 9 weeks since i requested  mine with no decision made as yet. Its very difficult to move forward until that decision is confirmed. I understand there is no timescale the DWP work to and this i dont know about anyone esle leaves me feeling out of control. Have you  requested your MR yet ?
  • suzy_sugar2005
    No as I havent had the decision yet. But i know it's going to be a no because legally it's not justifiable. 
  • saz11
    @suzy_sugar2005

It's very distressing the not knowing but hopefully you will get a answer soon. Good luck 
  • Julieg812
    Julieg812 Community member Posts: 32 Listener
    Hi Adrian yes I will be doing ?
  • suzy_sugar2005
    Thank you but I know it's a no but that's ok it gives me relevant time and help needed with it this time round
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    Poppy why do you always point out the negative things. You arent very helpful. How can you say most stay the same when everyone knows that there is a good chance at MR. Usually this is by seeking help to help with your claim to make sure your affects of your illness are justifiable via the relevant evidence. 
    thats most unfair poppy and others on here give excellent advice, if people don't agree or don't like the advice then they are free to ignore it but they should think twice before criticising helpful members. 
    IMHO
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• saz11
    @Julieg812

I am also in the process of MR
    9 weeks and still waiting. All i can advise is take time to write your letter ,  i must have changed mine about 10 times before i finally sent it. Just be open and honest about how your disability affects you i found this better than f2f partly because f2f  didn't go into much details of how my disability really impacts on my daily life. There is a very long wait time for decision at the moment and i cant say this hasn't caused my health to deteriorate but i realised you just have to wait as you have no control over it. As i have no family support and live alone i have found this forum a great help.....even just to let of steam. Good luck  and keep strong. If  you need any help please get in touch.
  • Julieg812
    Saz11 thank you so.much ?
  • Julieg812
    Thanks everyone ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Hi @Julieg812 I've only tried to read your posts but I've not read them all as I'm not into drama, it makes my anxiety worse (no offence to other people).

I'm sorry this has happened to you, mental health seems to be an hard health issue to claim PIP for nowadays, back in 2014 I was awarded enhanced for both, I have significant anxiety, agoraphobia, depression, possibly social anxiety and FM, 8 of the points were for moving around where the rest were for my MH, in April 2019 I had review, I've seen the report and this assessor is claiming I don't have any mental health problems, has tried to make it all about my physical health and has dropped my points in each from 18 to 8, I'll be making a complaint when the DWP eventually send me the decision (been waiting for almost 16 weeks now). 

I hope you get somewhere with your MR, I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone, good luck!
  • Julieg812
    WF2K I'm the same dont like drama myself thank you for your kind words and good luck to you as well ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
  • saz11
    @cazann

Brillant news. It  been good to hear quite a few successful appeals over the last few days. 
    Well done ?
  • Cazann
    Cazann Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    saz11 said:
    @cazann

Brillant news. It  been good to hear quite a few successful appeals over the last few days. 
    Well done ?
    @saz11 Thank you. :)
  • Julieg812
    Well done very good news ? what is the address for DWP is it the Wolverhampton one pr Belfast 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,922 Disability Gamechanger
    Julieg812 said:
    Well done very good news ? what is the address for DWP is it the Wolverhampton one pr Belfast 
    You'll need to ring DWP to ask them because all areas are different.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,922 Disability Gamechanger
    Cazann said:
    @poppy123456 and @kentpete123. Just to let you know about my tribunal news...I won!  I got daily living componant at standard rate, 8 points and mobility comp at enhanced rate, 12 points.
    I would like to thank all the team at Scope for all the advice and good wishes. xxx

Brilliant news, well done!! Love to hear positive news.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.