What replaces pip at 64 years - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What replaces pip at 64 years

2»

Comments

• sam12
    sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
    It was posted to me so it was afraid 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    @ilovecats with all due respect my aim is not to annoy you or any other poster. You can check back a long way as regards my presence on this site and you will see absolute consistency as regards any scenario where I become aware that wrong and potentially costly advice has been given. It’s never about the person. It’s only about the quality of the advice. If one person repeatedly gives wrong or misleading advice or information and that repeatedly comes to my attention when I’m browsing then yes I will repeatedly correct that and cite sources where appropriate. That may look unfortunate but that’s not my problem whereas wrong advice is very much a problem for many people on here and potentially for Scope themselves. 

Getting pensionable age correct is now absolutely critical as the law around mixed age couples grows more complex by the day and again the consequences are irreversible. 

I certainly have no “love” of correcting yours or anyone else’s mistakes. I’d much rather this forum was administrated in a manner that such occurrences didn’t happen. As I say, it’s not personal. Wrong or misleading advice costs money and in the world of UC those losses can be huge and irreversible. 

As regards the post in question I cannot see any subsequent correction by another poster although of course that could be because said person is on my ignore list. 

I will confess entirely separate concerns as regards your presence here. Again it’s not personal but I am aware that ESA and other DMs use social media against claimants. Scope talk a lot about wanting people to feel safe on this site but seem oblivious to the impact your presence already has on 3 fronts. 

1 - advising what a HCP would do when you’re no longer up to speed on current practice. 

2 - the repeated suggestion that what a HCP would recommend is a correct interpretation of the law, which has led to my having to intervene on one occasion to prevent someone ending their claim when they believed it was hopeless. What HCPs recommend is largely overturned when challenged. 

3 - as on Facebook where ex HCPs and DMs have posted, those posts attract the attention of current DMs who are then able to use discussions against claimants even when accounts are run under pseudonyms. I don’t see how Scope could possibly be confident that your presence here hasn’t attracted similar attention and hasn't or couldn’t have similar negative implications on posters here. People have often posted very specific additional detail in response to some of your answers or further questions.  

Given that they can’t possibly offer such guarantees I think their decision to allow you to post has been ill-thought through indeed. 

Again, I need to emphasise that the above comments are not personal. They’re not about you. They’re about the specific role. The fact it’s an ex-role os neither here nor there. 

@Username_removed Please be aware of the tone of your posts. You may have concerns over members, but the community team are overseeing all members and posts. We endeavor to keep the community a safe and friendly place and direct comments such as this don't make for a pleasant experience for all members.

If any members have issues with others, then please use the ignore feature if you cannot treat others with courtesy.

Best wishes, Sam
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    It's okay @sam12, you haven't done anything wrong :)
    Scope

• sam12
    I know I haven't. This person keeps send me posts which am not interested. I got worrys mum could be deiotrating and on breathing mask scary seeing her paralisis bad enough 
  • sam12
    I only sent harmless joke because my social worker and support worker playing games on the phn so I decided to get them back and bf making me wait so I sent one here just to show u what I did wasn't out to offend anyone at all just wanted to have little joke laugh nothing serious 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    We understand @sam12 :)

I really hope it goes okay with your mum on Friday.
    Scope

• Sam_Alumni
    Hi @Username_removed
    You are in moderation as you have pointed out, we don't take the decision to do this lightly. You have complained about us not allowing your posts through moderation, I chose to allow this post but to point out to you that you do still need to watch your tone, as it has been explained to you many times that it causes upset to others. 

We have rules and guidelines here on the community and members have to abide by these rules. If you would genuinely rather I be far stricter on which of your posts I choose to allow on the community rather than trying to guide you into more appropriate behaviour then I am happy to do that.

Best wishes
    Sam
    Scope
  • sam12
    Excuse me I done nothing wrong i spoken to. Someone about this they said I done nothing wrong at all personally I don't have to answer to u. I got serious issues goin here. Stop sending me msgs like this for something I not done wrong or u be answer to my bf he lawyer get it pls I only takin to others personally not u I don't wish be treated like the way ur treating me some thing not done 
  • sam12
    Is bully sending me all this msgs her name is Sam if  I not done nothing wrong on here only talkin about my issues what harm is that if she starts on me again seriously I take drastic action against her
  • Sam_Alumni
    Hi @sam12
    My name is Sam and I am a Senior Community Officer here at Scope, my comments are not aimed at you. Take a look at the beginning of posts as they have other members names included to show who is talking to who.

Remember this is an open forum and these aren't messages directly to you but a conversation between many members.

Scope
  • sam12
    OK I alway thou own privacy area I thort u aims me sorry
  • braca
    braca Community member Posts: 102 Pioneering
    Sam12 Do not know the level of your disability but you seem to be quite young and rather than feeling sorry try and involve yourself in the local community, to some people living on benefits is the easy option and carry on through life like this, give yourself a jolt and get out there in the big wide world instead of hiding yourself in disability forums.
  • braca
    braca Community member Posts: 102 Pioneering
    @sam12 , Hope you have  found the advice that you require on this site, yourself  and ilovecats have plenty in common and HE/SHE advice should guide you through all this horrible benefits system and sort you out for higher awards that she has advised others like Poppy123456 who probably knows the system inside out having taken on board what to expect from F2F assesments  having had years and years of experience, unlike myself who has managed to work all my days until illness caught up with me at aged 61 having left shool  on the Friday at 15 years old and started work the following Monday and never ever thought that one day illness would prevent me from working, and fast forward to now  employer telling me we have to pay you off with ill health and wife having tests done for Dementia is it any wonder that some of us older generation through in the towel after having worked all our lives and then having to go through this degrading system just to keep our heads above water and try and see out our lives with some dignity.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.