Esa assessment form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa assessment form

Jiggy
Jiggy Community member Posts: 24 Connected
Hi i was discharged from the mental health last year all I have is a discharge letter stating I have mild psychosis and general anxiety  disorder I was also awarded pip last year as I had a mental health support worker helping me.i have come to a section on the form asking for reports scans it says this can be from friends relatives that know about you and your condition.then it says example this can be 
GPS health professionals carers consultants and so on

I cannot get any letter off the mental health as I have been discharged.i have paid for a doctors letter.the only other letters I have is a mental health appointment  letter dated 2018.will this be about it avoidance  for a reassessment of esa. I did ask the receptionist at the doctors and she said the esa send a form for the doctor to fill out is this true I have also just put in for sdp payment that should have been done last year

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Yes esa write to dr he sends medical report friends family can write letter saying how they see you 
  • Jiggy
    Thank you will the doctor call me in to go through the form as my surgery has changed and the doctors don't really know me there
  • Dotty123
    They don’t they send your medical report straight to esa up to you get one off dr so you no what’s be said x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You really shouldn't rely on them contacting any GP for any evidence because it rarely happens. The onus is on you to send any relevant evidence to support your claim and prove you qualify, not theirs.

Future appointment letters aren't classed as evidence.

You can also request digital copies of your medical records free of charge and see if there's anything in there you can use.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Sort sorry just esa got in touch with my doctor for report then I went got one xx
  • Jiggy
    Will a letter stating I have a diazepam dependency be of from the mental health it also says discharged on the letter.i also have paid for a letter from my doctor stating I had a psychotic outburst and that I take clorpromazine 100mg for
    And diazepam for genral anxiety disorder and that any stress will be detrimental to my health
  • poppy123456
    Evidence stating how your conditions affect you is really what you should send. A letter from a GP isn't the best evidence because they will only be able to tell them the basics, such as medication and past hospital visits/appointments. You just have to send what you have, if that's all you've got.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Jiggy
    Ok thank you for your help .my last assessment for esa that was all I handed in I have also been in touch with the local mp and he is looking into it
  • Jiggy
    Also I  want say I have ever had a doctor or mental health ever ask how my illness effects me on a daily basis this is ridiculous  how they expect you to have this info even if you was asked you would t have any paper work
  • Jiggy
    Evidence stating how your conditions affect you is really what you should send. A letter from a GP isn't the best evidence because they will only be able to tell them the basics, such as medication and past hospital visits/appointments. You just have to send what you have, if that's all you've got.
    Does the part on the form asking if you can lift a box push a button apply to me if I am claiming for mental health. Do I have to answer it
    Kind regards
  • poppy123456
    I wouldn't leave anything blank, if it doesn't apply to you then tell them. This link may help you further with the form.

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Do not skip any of the questions. The onus is on you to send photocopies of evidence to them via recorded delivery as well.
    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/584201/pip2-information-booklet.pdf
    The link should help you. My advice is to be honest. Mention any aids you use. Make use of the boxes on the form. For each question- give at least two examples. Tick any boxes too. Do you fall often? Can you cook a meal alone or not? Are you able to safely climb in and out of the shower alone? Those are some of the questions you will encounter. 
    The benefit is about what you struggle with. It is not unfortunately about what you can do. I often say my son looks worse on paper than in real life. 
  • poppy123456
    @April2018mom That link is for PIP and preparing a meal and bathing is PIP descriptors. This thread is about ESA and the work capability assessment. They are two totally different benefits, with different criteria.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.