Doing a reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Doing a reconsideration

Amberwolf
Amberwolf Community member Posts: 2 Listener
i suffer from PTSD ,depression and anxiety and chronic back and leg problems that mean i cant move some days coz of the pain i had my pip assessment about a month ago which i took my support worker with me and scored a 0 coz it was the one day i was feeling ok with my pain and i had a good night sleep which doesn't happen to often as coz of my PTSD i get night terrors 99% of the time all i can do is sit and take painkillers coz if i move to much i get stabbing pains in my back and im like a zombie coz i dont sleep well im in the process of doing the reconsideration now but i dont know if they will do anything about it   

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

When requesting the MR you need to put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Only 18% of MR decisions are successful so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal.

Face to face advice is recommended and this link will help you find what's available in your area. https://advicelocal.uk/

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • braca
    braca Community member Posts: 102 Pioneering
    Amberwolf, do not give up and send in more in formation if possible, believe me when Report is sent from HCP to DWP Case manager all they do is look at the dots on report and agree with this, I know for a fact that they do not read full report as I had error in my report which should have meant additional points, I proved that HCP did not read any of my evidence at  assessment and was more interested in getting her own report right to pass audit as these people can earn a big wage if all goes well, what I did was keep sending relevant evidence to DWP Case manager who has to take notice and look at all the facts and send back to ( in my case ) IAS and full evidence was looked at again and given award by different HCP. I do not bare a grudge against HCP who had to make a snap judgement on that day without knowing my full history and I had recently had a traumatic experience but I my own self was too proud to show it, at the end of the day Private companies are only interested in profit and most of there employees are NHS staff who in my own opinion are greedy for the coin and not peoples wellbeing.
  • saz11
    saz11 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    edited August 2019
    @Amberwolf

Submit the MR ,If you are currently not in receipt of Pip then you have nothing to lose.
    Sometimes writing things down is easier to explain how your disability affects you physically and mentally.
    I know after my assessment i kept thinking that i should have said more but at the time its not that easy but after when you have time to reflect you could kick yourself for having not said more.
    On a positive note i found out today that i won my MR so it can happen ?
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Don’t give up. After reading the assessment report, I typed up a letter of appeal with my son’s amazing social worker. Despite my effort the first time around, it still went to tribunal. No one from the DWP even bothered to read the form I sent off. Definitely ask for advice. CAB might be able to help you out. Do you have a social worker or not? 
    There is good advice here for you
    https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Challenging-a-Personal-Independence-Payment-decisi/Ask-for-Mandatory-Reconsideration
    Keep us posted. Good luck! You can also use this tool to type up a letter of appeal- https://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    saz11 said:
    @Amberwolf

Submit the MR ,If you are currently not in receipt of Pip then you have nothing to lose.
    Sometimes writing things down is easier to explain how your disability affects you physically and mentally.
    I know after my assessment i kept thinking that i should have said more but at the time its not that easy but after when you have time to reflect you could kick yourself for having not said more.
    On a positive note i found out today that i won my MR so it can happen ?
    Congratulations!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Amberwolf and a very warm welcome to the community. I don't have much to add as the advice above is really helpful. The community have many members who have been through this process, so if you need anything else at all then please do not hesitate to be in touch :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.