Contribution based new ESA.
i always worked and a while ago i had an accident and now both my legs are poor and painfull to walk when i went to the job center to hand in my form they said i should recieve free precriptions on ESA but dident tell me about the different types or anything so when i needed my pain killers i went to the doctors got my precription went to the chemist got my pills and thought nothing from this and recently i recieved a fine , i was shocked most of my weekly bennifit but i was aware it was free untill i contacted the number on the letter and said you have to pay you ticked the box wrong i found this very stressfull as bennifits is all i have and im a single father so i called ESA and they said because you worked and paid all your taxes you have to pay for perscription,s but people who havent worked or paid enougth taxes dont ....what a joke so if i sat at home and did drugs or get drunk all day i get free everything but because i worked i get punished this government is a joke i have no savings and this will put me in debt and to make it worse ive had about another four persciptions since then but they only do checks every 3 months so ive got a whole bunch of new charges now coming plus ive been to the dentist and opticians and apparently we dont get them free either so god knows whats going to happen i have applied for free number one form cant remeber what its called but if that doesent happen then i will not be able to go to the doctors because i cant afford the medication ....sorry everybody about the spelling ect i have dislexia.
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 790 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 290 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.