Where do you see yourself in five years — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Where do you see yourself in five years

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
I like to plan ahead as much as possible. Id like to be married within the next 5 years and hopefully my health will be better or more stable. 

Comments

• exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering

Tammyjane33......good for you to be so positive and I do hope your plans all come to fruition.

I can't see me being around in 5 years, too many things going wrong or getting worse. I'll  be 76 by then and that's probably long enough. Not pessimistic, just realistic.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• Louise2001
    Louise2001 Posts: 24 Connected
    A working lady. At the moment I am studying. 
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    @Tammyjane33 Getting married would be wonderful, hope it happens for you!

@exdvr Sorry to hear that, I hope you have good friends and family to support you. I am sure you have made some supportive friends on our forum as well.

If things go okay with where I volunteer, I would like to have got paid employment in the charity sector and maybe do some volunteering work in Canada. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I want to be walking with my prosthetic leg. Would like to find a partner to share life with. Get some meaningful work helping others and my son will be 18 by then so hope he is successful in starting his adult life 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    everyone`s replies are interesting...even touching.

Tammy..best wishes for your future plans with the wedding and health

exdvr...I am saddened to read what you expect.....I`ll be 71 in 4 years and do hope to still be around.

Louise....wishing you all the best with your career

janer.....I do hope the prosthetic leg gives you all you hope for and best wishes in finding a nice partner...he or she is probably out there now, thinking the same as you!

M Antony.....good luck with the volunteering and work prospects....do you live in Canada?

love to all, Pollyxx
  • M_Anthony
    Not in Canada I am in London. At some point in the medium term I want to do a volunteering programme there for a while. I will be looking to go for a short holiday in Canada before this. 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    A qualified art therapist. This is what I want to do. I am also getting married in September. 
  • M_Anthony
  • M_Anthony
    That is great news! We wish you well with your growing family!
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    M_Anthony said:
    That is great news! We wish you well with your growing family!
    Thank you! 
  • dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
  • Tammyjane33
    @dolfrog im sorry you feel that way would you like to talk 
  • Tammyjane33
    @April2018mom congratulations on your wonderful news?
  • Tammyjane33
    @M_Anthony
    That sounds like a great plan. 
  • Tammyjane33
    @janer1967 that sounds like a good plan and i hope all goes well for you. It would be nice to be part of your journey. 
  • Tammyjane33
    @Louise2001 i hope you pass your course and get the job you wish for. 
  • Tammyjane33
    @exdvr im sorry to hear this. Youre not alone, there are people here on the site to offer you support if needed. 
  • Tammyjane33
    @pollyanna1052 thankyou for your best wishes and i hope the future holds good and happy things for you. 
  • dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    edited August 2019
    @dolfrog im sorry you feel that way would you like to talk 
    Hi Tammyjane33 
    Over the last 20 years I have been fully aware of the nature of my disability, auditory processing disorder (APD), which first first came to light when our eldest son was diagnosed back in the late 1990s.
    When I started to research his diagnosed issues i soon discovered that i had been living with these issues all of my life. 
    I was the first adult in the UK to be diagnosed as having APd back in 2003, which was done partially to help the Medical Research Council (MRC) gain government funding for a 5 year APD research program, they needed some one to set up and run a support organisation for those who may have APD. I set up and helped run the APDUK , and MRC program ran 2004-2009.
    All of my family, 3 sons, my wife and me, now have a clinical diagnosis of having APD, which is a listening disability or the brain having problems processing what the ears hear. and is the main underlying cognitive cause of developmental dyslexia.
    But post diagnosis we have had little or no support from the local NHS or support agencies, I have been through disability discrimination in the workplace, and since then no employer would even answer any of my job applications, Our sons are having issues finding careers and sustainable jobs.
    I have had enough of the stress and the failure of UK audiologists, speech and language and psychologists the multi discipline team who the MRC should be providing life long support, to provide any support and understanding or even discuss the possible 4 types of our disability. So it is all down to these corrupt so called medical professionals who only want to hide their ignorance and incompetence while massaging their egos,
    I have had enough. 

Brightness