Pip - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

1235»

Comments

• Julieg812
    Julieg812 Community member Posts: 32 Listener
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That's amazing news @Cazann! We're so happy for you and thank you for taking the time to share this with the community! :)
    Scope

• Julieg812
    Hi I rang DWP and complained I wasn't happy with their decision...I was told to write and letter and send it to them which i have today....what happens next please x
  • saz11
    saz11 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    @Julieg812

Hi what was the decision from DWP ? 
  • Julieg812
    Scored zero points furious nothing but lies 
  • saz11
    Sorry to hear that , have you requested MR ?
  • Julieg812
    Hi saz11 yes today....can only try I'm furious to what they say....looking at the pip descriptors what chloe mentioned I scored 21!! How do they come up with zero it's making me so anxious 
  • saz11
    Hi Julieg812

I understand your frustration.
    I think the best thing for you is now to concentrate on your MR.

If like me i requested MR over phone swiftly followed up by a covering letter. I kept the letter to my health problems and how they affect me daily. I believe in writing eveything down gave them a better understanding of my capabilities and in helping me be successful in my MR. 

I called them after a couple of weeks to confirm they had received my letter and that it had been scanned into the system , then i am afraid it is a waiting game. 

I call tell you i waited roughly 10 weeks for my decision and backdated money. I believe there is no timescale for the decisions but they are quoting 10 weeks at the moment.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    It's very easy to over score yourself, if you don't understand the PIP descriptors and what they mean. The PIP self test can be very misleading because of this reason. Having some understanding what the descriptors mean and the criteria will help.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Julieg812
    Ok thank you 
  • Julieg812
    Sent my MR letter to DWP about a week ago do they let u know they have received it normally 
  • suzy_sugar2005
    suzy_sugar2005 Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
    I had a text almost immediately when I asked for an MR over the phone 
  • Julieg812
    I had a text from DWP to say you want us to look at the decision but since sending the letter not heard to say they have received it
  • saz11
    @Julieg812

Hi did you request the MR over the phone followed up by your letter ?

If so you won't receive confirmation of them receiving your letter only a text from the phone call , what i did was phone them to ensure they had received my letter and it was scanned into their system.

Hope this helps.
  • Julieg812
    Oh that's great thank you so much I'll ring Monday to make sure 
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Out of 4 attempts I have had 2 successful reconsideration's (50%).

The first one was when I migrated from IB to ESA, I was put in WRAG, I put a one line request on the appeal form saying please move me to SG as my mobility is severe enough to affect my ability to do work related activity, that was it, nothing else, 2 weeks later decision letter moved to SG, was bizarre. I think on that occasion they were under chaos with IB migrations and WRAG was almost same as SG at that time anyway so they didnt fight it.

The second was after I didnt attend a WCA, the DWP come down very hard on missed appointments.  This was very tough to get it overturned.  The reason I didnt attend was I didnt get the letter, the DWP then read out the wrong postcode to my MP directly when they were asked to confirm my address.  Even with my MP been a witness to an incorrect address, they refused a reconsideration, but then when I filed the appeal, it was a 3 page document typed up by myself, referring to past upper tribunal decisions that went with the claimant, and my MP evidence, they didnt pass it on to the tribunal service and instead made a decision in my favour, but that was a really tough one.  I had a very long thread on a public forum with people helping me on it as well and DWP staff taking part in it.

MR's most certainly can change decisions in favour of the claimant, there is many examples of it on rightsnet.  The problem with MR's tho is that DM's will follow DWP guidelines, even if those guidelines are not consistent with law (which some DWP guidelines are not), they will be followed.  A MR usually to be successful has to show a really strong compelling case and basically to convince the DM they will probably lose at tribunal, then you may get the decision.  Tribunals on the other hand couldnt care less about DWP guidelines, they only care about the law.  They often approach the case differently and is a big reason they often come to a different conclusion, they also couldnt care less if the DWP is under or over budget so have no incentive to rule either way.
  • Julieg812
    I've just rang pip and apparently they have just made the decision but cant open it up until Monday on the system.....and there is a letter in the post for me cant see it going in my favour really cant but let's see ?
  • Julieg812
    This is the mandatory reconsideration that I made August 5th 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    It takes about 24 hours for the computer to be updated and for it to show on the system, until this happens all they can see is a decision's been made but they can't see the actual decision. By Monday they will be able to tell you. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Julieg812
    Poppy123456 thank you so much x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.