Personal Independance payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Personal Independance payment

Chrystal2807
Chrystal2807 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
I registered a complaint with the assessment provider on 12/07/2019. As part of their investigation they spoke to my Sister and said they may look at their reccomendations again. Had a conversation with DWP earlier and they said they have returned my file to the assessment provider as they didnt agree with the recommendations. Has anyone heard of this? Is it likely I will have to have another face to face assessment. Thanks in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You may or may not have another assessment. Or, another HCP may take a look at the evidence and the report and make recommendations from there.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chrystal2807
    Thank you Poppy
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    @Chrystal2807

My case was similar I think. I had another HCP look at my assessment and the points for both daily living, and mobility more than doubled.

Does make you wonder how two people can come to such a dramatically different conclusion when looking at exactly the same evidence!

Good luck anyway ...
  • Chrystal2807
    Aww thank you cristobal. It certainly does make you wonder. Thank you. Glad yours worked out for you x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.