Recording device — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recording device

Options
Zena2008
Zena2008 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Can anybody recommend a cheap recording device for my wife's upcoming pip assessment.from Argos etc.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,200 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The only one argos do is this one https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5740413 and you'll need to buy 2 of those because you need to record 2 identical copies and hand 1 in at the end. You also need to make sure you ring the health assessment providers a couple of days before and tell them you'll be recording the assessment.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    Options
    At my assessment I didn't record it but instead my partner took notes of everything that was said.
    She didn't even ask but the assessor seemed to be happy with it. 

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Zena2008
    From the WCA guide

Audio taping of assessments
    Audio Recording
    The DWP never requires that an assessment for advising on entitlement to state
    sickness or disability benefits be recorded.
    A claimant may request that their assessment is audio recorded. Requests for audio recording of assessment can only be agreed if stringent safeguards are in place to ensure that the recording is complete, accurate and the facility is available for simultaneous copies to be made available to both parties present. Dual CD recording machines are available to provide audio recordings where capacity allows. For requests made by claimants for their assessment to be audio recorded, the resource team at the BSC will be responsible for arranging for the audio recording equipment to be sent to the appropriate AC for the assessment
    A claimant may also make a request to record the assessment using their own
    equipment and this may be agreed in advance of their appointment date if a complete and identical copy of the recording can be provided to the HCP at the end of the assessment, and the recording is in CD or audio cassette format only.

Mobile phones are not acceptable for this purpose. Videotaping of assessments or
    recordings that the HCP is not explicitly aware of are not allowed.
    Further information can be obtained from your local BSC or CHDA website.

Unauthorised recording
    The DWP reserves the right to take appropriate action where a recording is used for unlawful purposes for example if it is altered, and publicised for malicious reasons.

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness