PIP forms filled in sent back 17/7. DWP says not received. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP forms filled in sent back 17/7. DWP says not received.

Comments

• Mumof2ds
    Mumof2ds Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    Yes huge relieve! ItsI been stressing me out no end worrying about it all since they said they hadnth received it. Glad I sent it signed for! Proof it had been signed for their end, even if it actually got lost after that and was floating about for 22 days somewhere in their offices! 

Thanks everyone for help and advice. Good luck everyone with your claims. X will keep you updated as to outcome of assessment. P x
    Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad it's sorted. Take the 4 week timescale of receiving a letter for an assessment with a pinch of salt though because it all depends on backlog in your area. Some are waiting much longer than that. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mumof2ds
    Mumof2ds Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    Thanks everyone. 

Wow Waylay that is a horrendous story, poor woman! I am shocked at how many, even reading on here have had claims "lost" in the post. Mine it seems got lost in the DWP office, for 22 days ? as I gave them the tracking number, it was proof it had clearly been signed for, and got to them well within the time scale allowed. . X 
    Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Waylay said:
    Thanks for posting that link.
    Thats utterly disgusting and the DWP should hang their heads in shame.

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    susan48 said:

Why the DWP? They aren't responsible for opening the post or the scanning of it - both are carried out by contractors.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Yadnad said:
    susan48 said:

Why the DWP? They aren't responsible for opening the post or the scanning of it - both are carried out by contractors.
    Then why did the DWP pay compensation and apologise?

Ultimately the DWP are responsible, even if they subcontractor.

They actually blamed the IT system which is yet another cop out, blame someone or something else on their useless system 
  • nuttyfish
    nuttyfish Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    This happened to me. The dwp said didn't receive award review form until the mp got involved. They stopped my claim. Mp says this is a common occurance. Funny how they found it when mp got involved. It's disgusting!
  • erm
    erm Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    I helped someone fill out PIP forms this week, having previously helped people, the first had their forms mysteriously not arrive, so DWP SAID! so with the next forms we sent so had to be signed for on next day delivery, but the DWP claimed they had not received them, but when we told them the forms had been signed for on the date they arrived and had the name of the person who signed for them they mysteriously found them! So second persons forms were sent by next day delivery, NEEDED TO BE signed for!
    The third persons forms have been sent the same way, so fingers crossed they do not mysteriously disappear! 
    The process is stressful enough without documents and hours of form filling letter writing to be all in vain! I took photos of answers on form and a copy of the attached letter just in case they claim its another of the thousands that disappear WE MUST ACCORDING TO DWP have a TERRIBLE POSTAL SERVICE! Who must deliberately chuck away PIP forms eh OR IS IT THAT DWP LIE THROUGH BACK TEETH! 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @erm - I think that they deal with so much mail every day that some of it just gets lost. Don't know that it amounts to 'thousands' though, fortunately////

• Hartley
    Hartley Posts: 114 Courageous
    @Mumof2ds

This isnt meant as a subliminal stab...but this is why i personally paid £7 for tracked and signed for mail..

There was no way i was going to risk the DWP or Royal standard post, losing 4 days works of filling in forms and collating evidence.

I hope all works out well for you.
  • erm
    cristobal One would hope its not thousands but the amount of people we hear about who say their forms have so called not been received despite many being signed for on arrival is unbelievable really, cos if companies had as many lost documents in the post or on arrival as DWP PIP claim get lost, most business would be unable to function!
  • erm
    Hartley Thats what I did to ensure the persons forms got there the next day and signed for! yet one person who I did that for a while back still got DWP saying they had not received the forms, when we called to check that the 2nd lot of forms had been received! They found them MIRACULOUSLY  when we gave the name of the person who signed for the forms and the time they signed for them!  
  • cristobal
    @erm @Hartley ...you may both be right..

Personally I don't have much doubt that the mail gets there - it's just that some inevitably gets lost whilst it's waiting to be scanned, or stuck in someone's every growing 'in' tray, and there's no way round that...

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I think they must have piles of forms that they can't be bothered to look through so they say the forms have not been received.  When someone says the envelope was signed for they search through the piles.
  • erm
    Matilda I think your spot on there!
  • Hartley
    @cristobal

The point of tracked is  the fact that...There is clear proof it arrived there...So it makes it harder for them to say  it.never arrived...and if they have lost is ,they will have to explain why
  • Hartley
    @cristobal

No offense..but i think youre mistake to think that.,..I mean that in the nicest sense.
  • cristobal
    @hartley - I'm not sure where you think I'm mistaken - I agree with you!

DWP most likely lose lots of mail, not the Post Office - that's why I personally don't bother so much about recorded/tracked (which isn't signed for by the DWP but signed for by the sackful by the postie...)

Unfortunately, whoever has lost it, you'll have to send a copy if you want them to process your claim...
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Signed for delivery doesn't mean it's arrived with DWP. All it means is that someone from Royal Mail has signed for it and it could be absolutely anywhere and it's not classed as arriving until it's been added to the computer. It could be anywhere. Proof of posting is all that's needed and this is free.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.