PIP forms filled in sent back 17/7. DWP says not received. - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP forms filled in sent back 17/7. DWP says not received.

Options
13»

Comments

• Hartley
    Hartley Posts: 114 Courageous
    Options
    @poppy123456
    Proof of postage merely means youve sent it....
  • Hartley
    Options
    @poppy123456
    CAB actually advised me to send tracked and signed...
  • Hartley
    Options
    @cristobal

Its not my claim...i havent lost anything..
  • Hartley
    Options
    @poppy123456
    In the eyes of Rmail...its arrived!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not in the eyes of the DWP, it means nothing. Sorry but that's my opinion and i'm sticking to it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hartley
    Options
    @poppy123456

Dont be sorry....? its just a differing opinion.
  • Hartley
    Options
    @poppy123456
    Someone just sent me this....it does appear many people can see the logic of sending tracked.

Hello @Hartley 
    Yes this guide may be helpful- 
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/fill-in-form/
    Read every single question properly. Make sure you understand the question too. Be honest. Give examples. Send all evidence by recorded delivery as well. Use the boxes to tell them more information. 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @ilovecats - I agree, it's down to personal preference, and if gives someone peace of mind by sending it recorded then that's probably quite a good thing...

As long as people know that 'signed for' doesn't actually mean that it's arrived at the DWP  it's very much a question of "you pay your money and you take your choice!'
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The point is that if DWP claim they haven't received letter and you tell them it was sent recorded delivery, almost certainly they'll miraculously find they received letter after all.  Tracked means it could be traced to their building so they are not going to to argue it wasn't received.  So best send recorded.
  • Hartley
    Options
    @Matilda

Totally and thoroughly agree !
  • Hartley
    Options
    @cristobal

Rmail would back you all the way, that by their protocol...that item arrived at its destination....

I'm actually going to call RM,.....im sad like that !??
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @hartley - my information came from my postie, and my local postmistress....

As I've posted before for big organisations that get mail by the sackful  the postie will sign to say that he has delivered mail (presumably because it's impractical to get a signature by the recipient as there is too much..)
  • erm
    erm Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    Options
    Ahh some good news from the last person I helped, they got a text to say thank you for returning the forms, so at least they have acknowledged they received them. So tracked and signed worked this time anyway! Now for the stressful wait for them to be assessed by some random government worker! then for someone else to allocate points based on the 1st persons comments, which often means, reduce what people cant do to needs help to do, to amass less points for the disabled person! 
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    yeah they can be very slow, it took them nearly 3 months to acknowledge receipt of my form/evidence.
  • erm
    erm Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    Options
    Re questions on forms, I would say that their job for many of the people who hand out the points is to downgrade your answers for Example, if you cannot prepare, cook, food they will usually end up giving points for needs help to prepare, cook food. I know this from people with the same issues who  got different points awarded for the same answers and problems with tasks, so take from this what you want people! But be careful how you fill out the form, take a bad day example not a good day description.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Include a 7 day diary.  Disability Rights UK site has a draft diary you can adapt.  

Your disabilities have to fit the relevant descriptors on at least 4 days out of 7.

Many assessors don't take account of reliability criteria - safely, repeatedly, in a reasonable time.

Disability Rights UK site has a list of descriptors.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.