Advice on updating pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice on updating pip

rainbowtears
rainbowtears Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi all I'm still waiting for my mandatory reconsideration been about 6 weeks so far but have lots to update them on my conditions since applied which could increase my chances of getting the higher mobility,I'm on daily living only for mental health as they totally over looked my mobility probs as evidence was late and my mandatory reconsideration was sent back unchanged,mandatory reconsideration manager gave me extra time to send evidence as med files were not done after waiting 4 weeks for gp to ring to collect,I just need to know do I ring them with updates or wait till I get result please,and thankyou for helpx

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @ rainbowtears, Hello and welcome, firstly make a copy of any evidence you send to DWP even the extra you need or intend to send to support your MR. I would phone DWP and ask for advice as to where to send the extra evidence and send it recorded delivery. Remember it can take several weeks before it has been scanned and put onto the DWP system even though they have received it. Good luck with your MR and keep us updated.
  • rainbowtears
    rainbowtears Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Ok thankyou I havnt actually got anymore evidence to send,its more just telling them about changes with my gp diagnosed and people I'm being referred to,all med files letter and so on they been sent have all been put into a file ready for printing on my phone but it's just my word at mo with new diagnoses and updatesx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Future appointment dates/times aren't classed as evidence because all it means is you have an appointment sometime in the future. PIP also isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.