Does everyone get a phone call after appeal is allowed?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does everyone get a phone call after appeal is allowed??

nikkif
nikkif Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
I haven't got a fixed abode and ice been told that I have a brown envelope waiting at my correspondence address but I cant get there atm due to my health, its only been a couple weeks since my appeal has been allowed and I've heard that people get a phone call regarding hospital stayss and bank details before any backpay etc is paid now I'm freaking out that the letter is to tell me that they are asking for an appeal. So my question is does everyone recieve a phone call before appeal payments are put through and is it only an error I law that the dwp can request an appeal??? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you've recently won your Tribunal then yes usually it's a phone call or a letter regarding hospital stays etc before payment is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    I personally never had a call or letter about hospital stays, but mine was a DLA tribunal, and maybe this is a new process for PIP?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.