WCA awaiting results — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

WCA awaiting results

Options
kalindal
kalindal Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone. I had my WCA on the 22nd July. I have anxiety and was a mess on that day. It's been 3 weeks. I worked up my courage and called today. I asked for a copy of the report. They told that it's still pending and that they are unable to print it off. That I should call back once I get the outcome of the WCA. Is this normal?
Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,047 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Options
    HI,

If you live in the UK they will send a copy of the report out to you before a decision is made but they will only do this once the report has been returned from the health assessment providers. If it hasn't been returned then that will be the reason why they wouldn't send it to you.  If you live in Northern Ireland then you have to wait for a decision to be made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kalindal
    kalindal Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.  I live in Wales. I called the Health assessment centre last week. They said they sent off the report. It's just the waiting. At least with  the report I would know the recommendations of the health professional.
    How long does it take for them to reach a decision?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,047 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no timescales for any decision. Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. Hopefully not too long now. As for the report, ring again you maybe lucky enough to speak to an adviser who will agree to send it to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • regularirregular
    regularirregular Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    There are multiple reasons why CHDA is delaying report submission to the decision maker. Most often it is due to audits, either local or national and these sometimes result in needed amendmends before it is sent to DWP as decision maker might get confused.
    If the report reached the decision maker, it is very likely that they have a backlog and haven't reviewed your file yet.
    Other possiblity is that they have some questions or require further evidence before making the appropriate decision.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.