A quick reminder — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A quick reminder

Adrian_Scope
Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team

Hi everyone,

I’ve spoken to a few of you already, but I wanted to post and acknowledge the fact that there was quite a bit of tension on the community last night.

I want to take a few minutes to remind everyone and underline the fact that personal attacks (even in defence) will not be tolerated here. This community is intended to be a safe and supportive space for disabled people, parents and carers and as such we’d like to remind everyone of our community guidelines.

It’s important to remember that the meaning of a message in an online or text-only setting can be easily misinterpreted. However, if you don’t like what someone is saying to you, we do have an ignore function and using it will mean you won’t see any more of that user’s posts. You can also let us know if someone is bothering you by contacting a member of the community team either here on the community, or by emailing us on community@scope.org.uk

Cheers,
Adrian
Community Manager
Scope

Comments

• pink_princess
    pink_princess Community member Posts: 181 Pioneering
    edited August 2019
    @Adrian_Scope fully support this It’s so great to see the tensions being acknowledged as a community champion and I'm sure many of us who I saw post to try and calm the situation down I was quite surprised to come across such a post on such a supportive community let’s hope this is the end of it. ?
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Adrian_Scope

Sadly, I have to report that I am concerned, that the lack of action by moderators  to posters, leads to outright support for the most outrageous statements being made, about the most kindest and gifted in our community.

Our most kindest supporter @poppy123456 was the subject of the most vilest abuse, yet it took a number of posts by the @Hartley before it was closed.

We are all in difficult situations, but we should stand together.
  • Hartley
    Hartley Posts: 114 Courageous
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @Adrian_Scope

Sadly, I have to report that I am concerned, that the lack of action by moderators  to posters, leads to outright support for the most outrageous statements being made, about the most kindest and gifted in our community.

Our most kindest supporter @poppy123456 was the subject of the most vilest abuse, yet it took a number of posts by the @Hartley before it was closed.

Vile abuse?   You just cant stop can you!   
  • Hartley

Hi everyone,

I’ve spoken to a few of you already, but I wanted to post and acknowledge the fact that there was quite a bit of tension on the community last night.

I want to take a few minutes to remind everyone and underline the fact that personal attacks (even in defence) will not be tolerated here. This community is intended to be a safe and supportive space for disabled people, parents and carers and as such we’d like to remind everyone of our community guidelines.

It’s important to remember that the meaning of a message in an online or text-only setting can be easily misinterpreted. However, if you don’t like what someone is saying to you, we do have an ignore function and using it will mean you won’t see any more of that user’s posts. You can also let us know if someone is bothering you by contacting a member of the community team either here on the community, or by emailing us on community@scope.org.uk

Cheers,
    Adrian
    Can you not see atlas46 stiring up the pot?  he came to my post earlier and tried to be demeaning..

this is a witch hunt
  • Opus
    Opus Posts: 47 Courageous
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @Adrian_Scope

Can i ask...why you would re ignite tension with that remark after Adrian has attempted to calm the matter?

I witnessed it all last night....are you trying to cause trouble?
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Hartley

Would you kindly refer to your “earlier” post, that I has so transgressed against.

Thank you, in anticipation.
  • Hartley
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @Hartley

Would you kindly refer to your “earlier” post, that I has so transgressed against.

You brought the slander...please show me the evidence and why are you snakely attempting to cause trouble? its been peaceful all day...now you have chosen to slander and raise the entire issue again...are you playing a game?
  • Opus
    Opus Posts: 47 Courageous
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @Hartley

It would be so easy for you to do what Adrian suggested...Block this person..but youve CHOSEN to rake up the matter all over again....thats pretty low
  • Hartley
    edited August 2019
    ilovecats said:
    @atlas46 really? Was this necessary! 

@Hartley and Atlas I suggest you block each other!
    Consider it done....Today is monday not sunday...moving on>>>
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.