5 weeks and still nothing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

5 weeks and still nothing

gazza47
gazza47 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
Hi everyone just an update..... It's been 5 weeks now since my wife had her assessment for high rate pip and mobility but she's still heard nothing.... She phoned them a week ago to get an update and they said it was with the DM..... As it's been 4 weeks they said a decision has to be made soon, but we're now at the end of week 5 and still not a dicky bird...... To say we're stressed about this is an understatement, I'm sick and tired of having to depend on these idiots..... Sorry but I'm seriously wound up now

Comments

• Sonal_Alumni
    Sonal_Alumni Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi,

I'm sorry you haven't heard anything from them and can understand the anger and frustration you are going through.
    Sadly it may be a few more weeks until you hear back and this is not unusual. They do say they will be in touch as soon as they can and in most cases it always takes longer.
    I hope you hear back soon but please keep us updated. 

Sonal - Helpline Information Officer
  • gazza47
    It's a joke of an organization, they don't realize what upset they cause people, or probably don't care
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @gazza47,

Sorry to learn that you're still waiting. The times vary all over the country as to how long the information filters back to the DWP from the assessment provider.

I know it's frustrating and an anxious wait but that decision won't be too far off. No news is good news hopefully. I keep telling myself this anyway. My daughter is going through the PIP process and she's at week 8 after sending the PIP 2 form off. She called them last week and it's with the assessment provider. You've been waiting even longer and your wife has had her assessment so I can understand how fed up you both must be.

Try to put it out of your mind and enjoy the weekend. Monday brings a new week and new challenges so try to have a break from the worry and recharge your batteries ready for the next round.

I look forward to the next update.

All the best
    Debbie
  • gazza47
    Thanks Debbie we'll do our best
  • positivitygoing1
    positivitygoing1 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Hi @gazza47

I too am in the same boat as yourself , it's been 5 weeks with me also and like myself I take it you heard the automatic voice when you ring PIP up "if you are awaiting a decision it can take up to 4 weeks" yet when I rang up the beginning of the week the automated voice had changed because it said "2 weeks" and they have changed it to 4 weeks now ,

It is frustrating as it's the weekend too , but like the other people have said try not to worry about it , 
    I'm trying to do the same I tell myself "the decision will stay be the same wether I worry or not" 
    So I'm trying to put my energy into something else ,
    My heart goes out to u x
  • gazza47
    Thanks for those kind words... I'm trying not to worry bit this is for my wife and a good decision would make all the difference to her.... Its been a very difficult time for us both over the last year or so, she became ill, and I had to give up a very good job with decent money to take care of her on a full time basis..... We know we're not the only one's and we feel for anybody in a similar position, but these so called benefits are supposed to be in place to help disabled people, but all I keep hearing and seeing is disaster and horror.... It's the not knowing that's the worst, a very scary time for us both
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Decisions times vary wildly accross the country depending on where you are. They could be anything from 2-8 weeks and sometimes even longer. It's very frustrating i agree. You could ring and ask for a copy of the assessment report. This will gove you some idea on what that decision will be. Mostly the Decision Maker goes with that report and awards whats stated. Getting a copy of this will also help if the decision doesn't go in your favour and you have to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gazza47
    We already received a copy of the assessment report about 4 weeks ago..... It was very positive and the points awarded were enough for my wife's needs, just wish they'd get their fingers out then we know where we stand
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hey gazza :)

I know it is taking a long time to get the letter but try not to stress to much.
    The report does sound positive, you could keep ringing them for the decision but you probably already hum Vivaldi.
    Stay strong mate it won't be long now.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • gazza47
    Cockney rebel, thanks for that..... And thanks to everyone else for your kind words and support
  • Rachlilymalachymason
    Rachlilymalachymason Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Week 5 no descion is that normal 
  • poppy123456
    Week 5 no descion is that normal 

Hi,

Have you had a face to face assessment? or is this the length of time since you sent the form back? If you've had a face to face assessment, there's no timescales for decisions, backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. It can take anything between 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer.

If you live in the UK you can request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dante
    Dante Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    My application has been with the decision maker for five weeks now they received the report from the assessment on July 9th.over 2 weeks ago I received a letter saying they now have all the information that they need to proceed with the decision i rang last week they said it was with a case monitor does anyone know who this is it is very stressful waiting 
  • poppy123456
    Dante said:
    My application has been with the decision maker for five weeks now they received the report from the assessment on July 9th.over 2 weeks ago I received a letter saying they now have all the information that they need to proceed with the decision i rang last week they said it was with a case monitor does anyone know who this is it is very stressful waiting 
    Hi,

A case monitor? I think you mean case manager, it's is a decision maker. The letter you received is a standard letter they send everyone but it doesn't really mean anything. You could still be wait 8 weeks, sometimes longer after receiving that letter because there's no timescales for decisions.

Ring to request a copy of the report, if you haven't already done this. That will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dante and a very warm welcome to the community! I hope Poppy's great advice. If you need help with anything else then please do let us know :)
    Scope

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    Dante said:
    Hi my f2f also on the 9th July so today is exactly 5 weeks. I have received a letter from DWP saying they have all they need and also received 2 texts (latest today), saying we've received the written report etc etc etc. As a guide you should hear from us within 6 weeks. 

I've made a diary note to call them next Tuesday. In the meantime I keep checking my online banking 2 or 3 times a day! My assessor's report was favourable so I'm hoping for good news! I hope you don't have to wait much longer. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'll keep my fingers crossed @Cressida!!
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    all this waiting makes us so anxious and watching for the postman and waiting for THAT phonecall.

We are all tied up in knots by the authorities. I`m only 3 weeks in...

love to all.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    edited August 2019
    all this waiting makes us so anxious and watching for the postman and waiting for THAT phonecall.

We are all tied up in knots by the authorities. I`m only 3 weeks in...

love to all.
    Hi @pollyanna1052 do we get a phone call about the outcome? I didn't know that. 

• poppy123456
    No, they don't ring you to tell you the decision for PIP. You receive a decision letter.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.