PIP Reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Reconsideration

Options
lisamw17
lisamw17 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi I’m new here. My son’s PIP was turned down so I’m writing a reply to have it reconsidered. My question is that the previous claim was turned down and awarded no points as was this one. I attended the Tribunal and won. Should I mention the previous Tribunal in the current claim? 

Many thanks
Lisa 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi @lisamw17 and a very warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here.

Were both these claims for your son? Was this a reassessment?

I wouldn't mention this on the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) letter as they'll only be interested in what was in the initial report (for the current claim) and how this is not accurate. In the letter it is best to use 3-4 real life examples about how your son would meet the criteria.

Here is some information about the MR process.

If you need support with anything else then please do not hesitate to ask! :)
    Scope

• lisamw17
    Options
    Hi thank you for your welcome. Yes both for my son and I thought it would be a reassessment, but it had to be new claim from scratch!! 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Hi @lisamw17, unfortunately this is the process. Once the award has ended the reassessment is the same process as the first claim that was made. I really hope you don't need to take it to tribunal again.

If there is anything we can do to help then please let us know. Many of our members have been through this process and will be able to share their advice and experiences. :)
    Scope

• lisamw17
    Options
    Hi me too. I find it so frustrating it feels like they don’t read anything or gain correct information at the face to face assessment. It’s difficult as my son has Aspergers, ADHD and anxiety, but thank you for your input it’s appreciated 
  • lisamw17
    Options
    Ps the claim only lasted 2 years and the Tribunal for the previous claim was last year so feels like only yesterday I’m here again!!!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,243 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It really makes no difference whether it's a new claim or a review because all claims should be classed a new claims by a claimant. When filling out either of the forms you should always make sure you put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you.

Good luck with the MR and Tribunal if it gets that far.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lisamw17
    Options
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    I hope it goes more smoothly for you this time around!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.