housing benefit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

housing benefit

Options
danny1986
danny1986 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
if I get housing benefit automatic as I get esa    em if I loose my review will the fact I get pip also will pip be enouch too qualifly   me for housing benefit 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

If you're found fit for work for ESA your housing benefit will automatically stop. You will need to contact your local council and ask them to send you a nil income form, you will need to return that form and then your housing benefit will continue.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danny1986
    Options
    ok thanks  should pip I[ I used too be on disability benefit ] be enough too qualifly me for housing  benefit if the worse happens    
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you have no other household income then as advised you can claim housing benefit through Nil Income but you need to fill out a form. You can claim housing benefit through nil income even if you weren't claiming PIP.

If you're found fit for work with ESA then you'll need to request the Mandatory Reconsideration within 1 month of the date of the decision.

best thing to do if the worst does happen is to post back here and someone will advise you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • danny1986
    Options
    ok thanks em but I should be ok with regard too that just looking at my finalcal options if worse case happens 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, as advised, you can claim housing benefit through nil income.
  • danny1986
    Options
  • danny1986
    Options
    ok that's something of a fallback option

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.