Pip mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip mandatory reconsideration

jannyb
jannyb Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
Evening everyone ? this is my pip journey so far

Rang to start claim January 25th
Dwp signed for  form february 19th
They found it march 8th
Assessment april 5th
Dwp received assessors report 23rd april
Letter dated 9th may refusing pip
Rang to start mandatory 17th may
Sent mandatory 26th may
Mandatory signed for by them 28th may
Mandatory logged into system 3rd june
Dwp sent queries to assesor & received them back 9th august
Nearly 11 weeks since mandatory started 

They said it could be at least another 4 weeks and they wouldn't tell me what it was they queried ?. One minute I'm convinced its going to be good news,the next minute i know its failed. My head is frazzled,( i just wanted a bit of a rant )

Comments

• worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Let it out, I am sorry for your experience in this and I hope good news comes from the MR, if it does not, you have the option of appealing to a tribunal which has a good chance of success if you attend.
  • tinka1992
    tinka1992 Community member Posts: 97 Connected
    Hi I logged my mr about 4th June still waiting now there huge back log from what iv heard I phoned Monday they said it's with a case manger gonna ring today 
  • jannyb
    worried33 said:
    Let it out, I am sorry for your experience in this and I hope good news comes from the MR, if it does not, you have the option of appealing to a tribunal which has a good chance of success if you attend.
    Hiya ? yes I'll be appealing ,it's just a shame that it takes so long to get to that part . Thank you 
  • jannyb
    tinka1992 said:
    Hi I logged my mr about 4th June still waiting now there huge back log from what iv heard I phoned Monday they said it's with a case manger gonna ring today 
    Hiya tinka..they told me 2 weeks ago mine was with the case manager then last week they emailed the assessment centre. Hope you get some good news today ?
  • tinka1992
    What do they email assessment centre for I hope I get some good news I only scored 4points but I sent in everything one thing she said is that I only had mental health problems for 3months I have had it since 2008 and been under health serves 
  • jannyb
    tinka1992 said:
    What do they email assessment centre for I hope I get some good news I only scored 4points but I sent in everything one thing she said is that I only had mental health problems for 3months I have had it since 2008 and been under health serves 
    All pip would tell me that there was a couple things they wanted to ask assessment centre about,they wouldn't tell me what exactly so its just wait and see. I received zero and and the assessor said all kinds of things like i went alone, even tho she saw my daughter there. That i travel to see support worker then walk 100 metres ,but she comes to my house. Whole thing was full of contradictions and lies .
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
  • tinka1992
    Same hear phoned up they have done the same thing send mine over to assessment centre seems like I still score same points as she said it was sent yesterday for them to look over and then sent back today for case manger even tho advisor who assessment lied they still.letting her check my information disgusting system 
  • jannyb
    Me personally i don't see the point in pip asking the assesser anything as they'll just go with what they originally said. Just something to drag it out even longer
  • tinka1992
    I agree I'm assuming they sent it back to her as woman on phone said it was sent back to assessment centre so should know next week the outcome wont hold my breath 
  • jannyb
    Yeah i cant imagine my assesser being like..oh yeah she said actually have someone with her,my bad lol. And how much can they remember from 4 months ago ?. Me and you are both in the same boat then! With both the same rough estimate when they'll decide. Have you tried your mp? Ive just emailed mine to see if they can hurry them along
  • tinka1992
    I havent but I think I may but mite be to late now 
  • jannyb
    You might not be..they say next week but it could turn into 2 or 3. Always worth a try
  • tinka1992
    I called my mp he is gonna chance it for me 
  • jannyb
    Yay good luck..i dont like ringing so it'll be a while before i get an email back lol
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    They, DWP, don't mind you ranting on a website. In fact that's what they want, as long as you do rant to anyone else. Like, your MP or, god forbid, the Government (DWP). Here's just a sample of what you're in for.

It would seem most disabled people (except the ones who are bedridden or wheelchair bound) will be offered the lower payment or no payment. It's a battle from people like DWP and this Government (who took an oath to protect the poorest in society). The poorest are usually disabled people, who can't work because of their disability. There is a glaring in your face agenda, to demonize disabled people. And, the DWP tasked to reject 80% of claims. Facts all in the public domain. The private, for profit, companies received millions in payment to do these assessments.

It starts as soon as you fill in the million-page app form. Asking the same question in different formats. Then the humiliation of the assessment. Which, after an approximate hour, this person, who you've had no other contact with, knows more than Surgeons and Dr's combined, over your lifetime. But hey they've spent an hour with you and now you inside out, right. Then you can beg for an MR (Mandatory reconsideration), you'll be told NO and just regurgitate what the person said who met you for an hour, whose company get paid handsomely for your attendance.

Then, if you last that long, maybe a year later(still on the lowest  payment or no payment) you get to beg in a Court room (they have a nice word for it, tribunal) . You'll be facing, a Judge,Dr and if they can be bothered to turn up, a member from the DWP. With cap in hand, if your lucky, someone who tells you they know what they are doing in a courtroom, to defend your application. You get to plead your case, just like a criminal.

Best of luck.

If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • jannyb
    Hiya threesticks.. yeah ive had tribunal before, I'm in it for the long haul lol
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Nice one, best of luck. I'm still waiting to be Summoned, ;)
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • jannyb
    Mandatory came back no.. but they changed from 0 points to 4 . Is there anything i can do please to gently nudge another 4 points out the them ,im not sure i can stand another tribunal . Cheeers ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately, your next step is to request the Tribunal within 1 month of the date of the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jannyb
    Ok thank you poppy ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.