How long to hear from PIP? - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long to hear from PIP?

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited May 2017
    @jeana1 If the assessor recommended 12 points or more for mobility you're on your way to higher mobility which would mean you qualify for a Motability car. But that's not the final decision. You have to wait and see if the DWP decision maker agrees with the assessor but mostly they do so fingers crossed for you. It'll be a brown envelope from the DWP that will be the Decision. X
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jeana1

Is it just the Atos assessor's report that you have so far received - or have you also received the DWP case worker's award decision letter?
  • jeana1
    jeana1 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Hi just a copy of assessors report..which is ok ...at the end she declared a lot of positive things...inc i can only walk up to 20 metres...didnt agree tho on sm things...but hoping the 20 metres will be ok to keep mobile..
  • jeana1
    Hi only rec copy atos assessors report...shes put i can only walk 20 metres ...not even that sm days!! So hoping thats ok to keep me mobile at least...and also needs aids to cope in my bungalow....hope it will be ok...thanks
  • jeana1
    My son reckons if i cant even walk 20 metres then i shud get the high rate for mobility?
  • Matilda
    Yes, but you have to wait for the DWP case worker's letter for confirmation.  The assessor's report isn't enough - though usually the DWP just rubber stamp what the assessor has said.
  • jeana1
    Thanks Matilda..
  • Dante
    Dante Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Six weeks since my assessment report 3 weeks since letter to say they had all they needed starting to worry now is this normal i am coming off of a lifetime DLA award i am 65 years old 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Dante said:
    Six weeks since my assessment report 3 weeks since letter to say they had all they needed starting to worry now is this normal i am coming off of a lifetime DLA award i am 65 years old 
    Hi,

Yes, it's normal. There's no timescales for any decision. The letter you received is just a standard letter they send everyone but decisions can still take 8 weeks, sometimes longer.

Have you requested a copy of the assessment report from DWP? This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dante
    I have requested a copy they refused to send me it they said i had to wait to recieve the decision and then request it 
  • poppy123456
    Dante said:
    I have requested a copy they refused to send me it they said i had to wait to recieve the decision and then request it 
    If you live in the UK they will definitely send the report out to you before the decision is made and you should ring again to speak to someone different.

If you live in Northern Ireland then you will have to wait for a decision to made before they will send the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dante
  • Dante
    I heard today standard rate of both i guess its not for me to understand why they have dropped my care from enhanced to standard my gp did her very best i suffer from severe panic attacks and reactive depression ive been sectioned twice its not the money its the fact they think its improved when it never will are they qualified this assessment people i have decided not to fight the decision as i have no new evidence i suffered such abuse as a child that i have never been able to live an normal life i panic at anything now i feel worthless all over again can i keep my carer at standard rate its heartbreaking what  this government has done to disabled and vulnerable people 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Dante. I'm sorry to read your award has been lowered. Yes, you can continue to have someone claim Carer's Allowance for you while on the standard rate. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Dante
    @Adrian_Scope thank you they stopped my pension credit too is this correct do you know as soon as i went from enhanced to standard in daily living ? Thank you so much for your help 
  • poppy123456
    @Dante it shouldn't have affected your pension credit at all. You'll need to ring pension credit first thing Monday morning.
  • Dante
    @poppy123456 thank you it usually goes in alongside my state pension but it didn't go in at all 
  • Matilda
    @Dante

There are different types of pension credit.  I suggest you phone DWP and ask them about it.
  • Dante
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Dante, did you find out what the problem was with your pension credit?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.