Fit notes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fit notes

Options
melark13
melark13 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My husband has been awarded LCWRA does this mean he he still has to provide fit notes from the doctor 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @ melark13,  Hello and welcome, once you are in the support group a regular sick note is note required, I would double check for peace of mind by contacting DWP. They should let you know but I kept send mine in until I contact DWP over something and asked about continued sick note.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,063 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

No, he definitely doesn't need to send any further fit notes. He''ll receive an extra £336 per month from the 4th month of his claim starting from when he sent in his first fit note.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • melark13
    melark13 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for both of your replies that helps alot.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,939 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @melark13. It should say on the award letter (usually right towards the end) that he no longer needs to provide them. I have heard that the system may still automatically request them until a work coach or case manager manually switches it off.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.