LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Kayla24
Kayla24 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
First time on here, signed on for uc I'm March 2018 due to losin my job due to ill health, been sendin sick notes in since then, I've just been sent assement form July 2019 and awarded LCWRA, anyone no what if anything will be back dated to

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news. The LCWRA element of £336 will be backdated to the 4th month of your claim starting from when you sent in your first fit/sick note. This means that if the decision's definitely been made and it's LCWRA then that will be approximately 1 year of backdated money. Check your journal, because the decision letter will be uploaded on there.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kayla24
    Thank u, first signed on with UC on 21/3/2018 and gave sick note in then, didn't get forms till end of July 2019 and had letter put on journal 6th August sayin i had got LCWRA and they wud rite sayin when it was paid and if any back date, didn't think they back date it that far back, thank u for reply
  • poppy123456
    I must admit that was a very quick decision time, from when you received the forms. I'm assuming this was your first work capability assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Kayla24
    Yes it was and I was dreading it after how long it took to fill form in, just waitin for letter off them to say when first payment starts. It says to ring if not heard off them in 7 days, thank u for helpin it's all so confusin
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @Kayla24:)
    I hope it doesn't take too long to receive your letter regarding payments, this will likely be uploaded to your journal. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Kayla24
    Thanks to guys that replied to my questions, update for u, got my backdate payment Friday, it wasn't backdated to when my first sick note was sent in August 2018, only had one month backdated, abit confused still after readin posts on here but at least it was something
  • poppy123456
    HI,

I just looked at your other thread here. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/62676/lcwra#latest  it says you started sending in fit notes in March 2018? If this is correct then the 1 month backdated money is not correct and you need to speak to your case manager. Backdated money should be paid from the 4th month after you sent in your first fit note.

• Kayla24
    I'm goin to talk to my work coach cus this is so confusin, she is really nice but the payments section don't seem so nice, will c what she says, thank u, 
  • poppy123456
  • Kayla24
    I've read so many different things and yes they all say same thing, will get my work coach to c if she can find out cus my anxiety and stress r threw  the roof at mo, grateful for ur replys 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @Kayla24. As long as there have been no gaps in your fit notes (not even a day), then it should be backdated to three full assessment periods after you first submitted a fit note. Please let us know how you get on with your work coach, although you might be better off phoning and speaking with you Case Manager as it is them that would deal with this. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Kayla24
    Just had update sayin 3month waitin period is always from when LCWRA was awarded, mine was awarded 20/3/19. 
  • poppy123456
    That's most definitely not correct. The 3 month waiting period is from when you sent in your first fit note, providing there were no gaps in your fit notes. The link i posted above is correct.

I'd advise you to get some face to face advice from an agency near you.
  • Kayla24
    I think I will have to as that statement was from the payment section. Thanks for support 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @Kayla24, as @poppy123456 said that's definitely incorrect. It's three months after the first fit note. In practice it's three full assessment periods so sometimes nearly 4 months, but it's definitely not from when you're awarded! Do you have a CAB near you or Welfare Rights?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Kayla24
    I have CAB so will go there, I can't c why they r sayin it if it's not right. Thanks for support 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Kayla24 and welcome to the community! I hope CAB were able to advise :)
    Scope

• Welshlad90
    Welshlad90 Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    Hi I get the limited capability for work element of uc I get paid on the 5th every month. I've had a letter for my 12 month assessment for the 11th September can someone tell me now I've had a appointment for a assessment will I still get my limited capability payment on 5th September? Do they wait until assessment decision to decide weather you'll still get payments or not
  • poppy123456
    Hi I get the limited capability for work element of uc I get paid on the 5th every month. I've had a letter for my 12 month assessment for the 11th September can someone tell me now I've had a appointment for a assessment will I still get my limited capability payment on 5th September? Do they wait until assessment decision to decide weather you'll still get payments or not
    You will still received the LCW element until a decision's been made on your assessment.
  • Welshlad90
    Welshlad90 Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    You will still received the LCW element until a decision's been made on your assessment.
    So I will still get payment as normal on 5th september then?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.