Backdated ESA payments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backdated ESA payments

carls
carls Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi all I'm wondering if I can be advised on backdated ESA payments. I called the relevant department regarding any information to see if I qualified for underpayment refund and have not heard anything since, just advised there was a back log and they would eventually get to me, this was 5 months ago. Is there a form that I have to fill in at all, on reading comments from earlier posted  I'm a bit confused in what if any actions I should be taking. 
Thanks Carl's 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

The underpayments are for those that were transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA many years ago. If you were one of those then DWP will eventually contact you and send you a form to fill in with all your details. You'll need to return this then DWP will assess you between the dates stated in the letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • carls
    carls Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Ok poppy thanks for the info it helps to know how it's done..  
    Now I have the PIP application to deal with, well one step at a time I'm sure there will be some complication on the way with that, but fingers crossed hopefully it runs smoothly.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.