It breaks you eventually.... ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

It breaks you eventually.... ?

craig23
craig23 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
edited August 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi Ive posted quite a bit on here in recent years, about fighting my case with D. W. P with 4 mandatory reconciderations and a tribunal. I have advance osteoarthritis and spondylitis in my back and my mental health has took a massive hit, I am burnt out big time and my relationship is now taking a dive aswell I'm in rented accommodation if I was to leave would I get any help with some sort of accommodation..I can't go on like this I've been through so much. I have to deal with loads and I can't cope.....my head is a lover the place I feel like this is just the way it is for me and can't change.. if left my partner would I get help with acommendation of some sort......ive just had enough I guess ? I am in contact with theropy 4 you and have been to chat to a nurse on a few occasions.. and even he said to omg you carry a lot of stuff on your shoulders for one person...its just not getting better ??

Comments

• Ezeliel
    Ezeliel Posts: 6 Listener
    edited August 2019
    Been in the same situation as yourself...im on the waiting list. Another good site is gingerbread...they give very good advice and support..but for your immediate questions ,here seems to be the place .7

Hopefully someone will reply soon..
    What i did was go to cab and contacted dwp and applied to UC..
  • craig23
    Yes I'm on universal credit and I'm awaiting my outcome of my assessment... I always knew I was depressed but its got the point of I can't handle much more... I guess
  • Ezeliel
    craig23 said:
    Hi Ive posted quite a bit on here in recent years, about fighting my case with D. W. P with 4 mandatory reconciderations and a tribunal. I have advance osteoarthritis and spondylitis in my back and my mental health has took a massive hit, I am burnt out big time and my relationship is now taking a dive aswell I'm in rented accommodation if I was to leave would I get any help with some sort of accommodation..I can't go on like this I've been through so much. I have to deal with loads and I can't cope.....my head is a lover the place I feel like this is just the way it is for me and can't change.. if left my partner would I get help with acommendation of some sort......ive just had enough I guess ? I am in contact with theropy 4 you and have been to chat to a nurse on a few occasions.. and even he said to omg you carry a lot of stuff on your shoulders for one person...its just not getting better ??
    Just to say also....Hang on in there!  ive been there also...at the edge of the cliff...but youve done an amazing thing by reaching out for support....the road is longer than you think when good solid advice comes your way.and it shall..

• craig23
     I hide my depression well I guess but it's catching up with me fast... 
  • Ezeliel
    edited August 2019
    craig23 said:
     I hide my depression well I guess but it's catching up with me fast... 
    The muddle of it all and the rapid thoughts....pit of despair inside your core and the feeling its all over....thinking its the only way!
    It really isnt.
    Please dont take me wrongly,as i know its so easy to say, but ive genuinely been at the brink..so each moment as it comes..

Your immediate issues are housing and a possible separation from a partner?
  • craig23
    Yeah because I can't take much more. ... I just need help but not sure if I can get the housing side sorted. .  I'm just very unhappy at the moment and can't take much more... 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @craig23
    I'm sorry to read that things haven't improved for you at all and that your relationship has now been affected. 

In terms of getting help with housing, as you're already claiming Universal Credit, you can just add details of any new tenancy and this will be added to your claim and they will pay up to your maximum housing allowance. Are you currently claiming as a couple? 
    Some councils still run a rent and deposit scheme where they will help with the first month's rent and deposit when moving into a private rental, but you'd need to look at your own councils website for this as it's not nationwide and some have started cutting this service. 

How long have you been waiting for your WCA decision?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • craig23
    I've not left yet but it's just getting worse at home and I can't cope anymore. . not in a great place at all just not sure what to do if I leave I have all my stuff 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Would you consider giving Shelter a call? If you explain the situation that you can’t continue living there etc they’ll be able to advise you of your options.
    https://www.shelter.org.uk/
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • craig23
    Well I've not gone yet because I have a lot to do, so if the shelter can't help no sure who can.....i have advancedoosteoarthritis and spondylitis I'm always in pain I'm on universal credit with my partner I do get P I. P. but I'm just not in a great place at the moment and need to get a few things sorted..  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.