SDP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP

minimini1
minimini1 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi does anyone know if i am newly awarded the severe disability premium as part of my ESA award will it be set against my housing benefit ie is SDP a disregarded income by HB 
Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Being awarded SDP will not reduce the amount of housing benefit you're entitled to.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi @minimini1,

It is usually a good idea to let Housing Benefit know about any changes. There is a Severe Disability Premium on Housing Benefit so it will not reduce the amount you get. It's always best to keep them informed though.
    Joanne 
    Scope
  • minimini1
    minimini1 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Thankyoufor response so in effect am i better off as i will not loose the premium via housing benefit thats some good news at last !!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome. Yes, that's correct as you're claiming Income Related benefits then you'll receive the maximum amount for your circumstances.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.