What next — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What next

Bluey32
Bluey32 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
Hi all I filled in my esa form & had a f2f with the dwp i. Asked what date I should put in for claiming he said he didn't know so he went to find out. He came back & said the date I phoned up. Then I said what group I wud cum under he said he didn't know. I then asked where do I hand in my fit for work note in as it runs out 28/8 he said he didn't know!   &  no one in the office knew either. So when I got home I was on the phone for 51mins 20sec on hold to the esa help line. What a joke. Surely all employers shud know where to send in fit Notes 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Looking back at your previous posts i see that you must have claimed New style ESA because your husband works? When did you start your claim please? was it recently? New Style ESA pays £73.10 per week assessment rate and is paid fortnightly. It can take 3-4 weeks for DWP to make a decision on your entitlement, once this is done they will write to you.

An employer won't know where you hand in fit notes for a benefit claim.

You'll need to continue to send your fit notes to DWP until a decision's been made on whether or not you have limited capability for work. For this you'll most likely have to have a face to face assessment with health assessment providers. They will then write a report and return it to DWP. A decision maker will look at the report and make a decision based on the recommendations in the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bluey32
    Poppy123456
    I think youis understud me. It was a dwp employee that didn't know where I should take my sick note to. 
  • Bluey32
    I know I have 2 wait  weeks for a desission. My point was the lack of knowledge &  time wasting on the fone to get an answer to a simple question. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Advisers from DWP mostly read from a screen anything other than that they have little knowledge.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.