DWP Law unto itself, and the in action of SCOPE .Part two. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP Law unto itself, and the in action of SCOPE .Part two.

Threesticks
Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering

Hi all this is part two, part one was locked by Adrian. Link to the OP https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/62947/dwp-law-unto-itself-and-the-in-action-of-scope

Hi John, thought I'd respond on the forum for all to read. Firstly, I'm not as you say, frustrated or angry at the situation, you know what they say, "don't get angry get even". Something has not been understood. Either, you haven't read the full post, or you're sidestepping the question. So I can only draw my own conclusions why you haven't answer my questions.

The question is, why hasn't Scope, with its massive profits £95 million and resources, taken on the DWP (GOV), on behalf of its members ? Or is Scope just using lip-service to make those massive profits, out of the pain and suffering of others, much like the DWP(GOV). Headlines like this don't help.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/21/scope-disabled-people-residential-care-independent-living 

Scope also professes,

Scope is a national disability charity that campaigns to challenge and change negative attitudes about disability and provides direct services...

I don't see much campaigning towards the DWP (GOV), I apologize in advance, if you could point me in the direction of any campaigns Scope has had/ongoing with the DWP (GOV), I'd love to read them.

I'm pretty sure this post will get closed PDQ as well, but some may just get to read it before it does. What's my beef ? Let's get to it,

All our lives the masses have been lied to by big Corporations, who make massive profits, The Government and countless others. When it's time to pay us back what we've paid in, they don't want to pay us back. So you see when Scope make claims like this, 

• disabled people living the life they choose, and
  • having financial security.
I don't read too much financial security from some reports of Scope members on here John. I will still be an active member, until you ban me. Which will be soon I'm sure. As I've already said, the truth will out. I wasn't aware of any disrespect to other members from me, in fact it's the other way round. I have the utmost respect for disabled people, I'm one myself. I look to your reply,

best regards Threesticks.

HI

have been following your post on the community and wanted to take the opportunity to respond to you in person. On Friday Adrian posted the following statement in response:

‘We know many disabled people are rightly angry at the injustice they experience through the benefits system. We guard our independence carefully so we can challenge damaging policy. In recent meetings with government ministers we have been vocal about our concerns about unfair and stressful benefit assessments, sanctions and the rollout of Universal Credit. Scope is calling for radical reform of benefits tests and an end to sanctions, because we believe these things are essential to get equality for disabled people.’ 

I am satisfied that we have offered a fair and open response to you. Obviously I understand your frustration and anger at the situation, but we feel we are approaching the injustice disabled people face in the best possible way to bring about positive change. 

I do hope you will continue to be an active member of the community, please do continue to post about the challenges disabled people face, but I’d ask you do this in a way which is respectful of others. If in doubt please refer to our community guidelines.

Kind regards,

John 

John McLachlan

Director of Customer Strategy and Experience

Scope

If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi I don’t think you are going anywhere with this keyboard warrior
  • Threesticks
    edited August 2019
    If you fight, you won't always win. IF,  YOU DON'T FIGHT YOU WILL ALWAYS ALWAYS LOSE.

I'm not just a keyboard warrior, ask my MP, DWP and Atos at least I'm fighting the good fight, what are you doing to improve disable peoples lives ?
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Why bother restarting?
  • Threesticks
    edited August 2019
    ilovecats said:
    I’m not quite sure what the aim of this post is? 
    Well to be quite honest, you wouldn't. The questions have not been answered the first time in my opinion and still remain unanswered. I've noticed whilst I've been a member, there are other members who, to be frank, love to come to the defence of this huge profit making Corporation. I don't understand it myself. I'm not the one making all the claims such as these,

• disabled people living the life they choose, and
    • having financial security.
    And, many other such claims. If, unlike me, you know there are campaigns taking on the DWP(GOV) I'm not aware of by Scope, please point in that direction, so I may read about it, thanks.

• Threesticks
    Why bother restarting?
    It's not a restart, it's a continuation, part two.
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Quite frankly I find you to be a bit of a joke @Threesticks

As you enjoying get the truth out lets do so

Your claim that 125,000 suicides as a result of the DWP and no one can prove you wrong. DWP may not collect the data but it is collected by the ONS and reported by the Samaritans, and your figures do not add up. Strange that you moan about corrupt politicians but decided to use the same tactics as Iain Duncon Smith when he was in charge of the DWP.

I see you have done it again by repeating that Scopes profits were £95 million, no they were not, huge difference between income and profit. Small hint, keep repeating a lie does not make it true, even if like Iain Duncon Smith and yourself think it does.

I won't wish you good luck in hitting Scope's income as you have claimed:

'I'm sure I will get banned when I'm done. It will hit their pocket, and they won't want that. I feel for the good people, who volunteer and are not aware of the massive corruption that is going on in the UK and alleged, not for profit charities, who are making massive profits.'

Actually I feel sorry for the members and volunteers who are and have been helped by scope and some of whom tried to help you when you first joined and you are trying to hurt now because your little bubble has been burst. It is not Scope's, or its members fault that despite 9 years of different coverage in press, online and on tv about what was going on you had your head stuck in the sand until it affected you.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Threesticks
    edited August 2019
    If you'd have bothered to read the post fully, you'd have read, it wasn't me making the claim about 125k alleged deaths. It was politicians making that estimate. So unless you're prepared to read the post full, I, quite frankly, find you a bit of a joke. Small hint, again, I don't make the claim about scopes profits, Scope do, OK I rounded up. Total income: £94.6 million.
    OK this isn't total profit, but never less a nice income, for any Corporation, wouldn't you say? I'm not trying to hurt anyone and the only help I received was a few links, I could have got anywhere off the internet. You can be offensive and attack me all you like, it matters not. The questions still remain unanswered.
    But, as usual, you only knit pick and dodge the real questions I've asked from Scope, unless you have the answers, please move along old boy, thanks.
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    If you don't want people to respond don't post on an open forum.

So Scope didn't claim they made £95 million profit, you did. Interesting you could not resist repeating the lie before admitting the truth.

Then please give the source of these so called politicians saying how many suicides there were. You keep challenging others so what is the big issue with you doing the same.

What real question? That they don't  use their huge non existent profits to take the government to court? Please show where in their governing document that this is part of their purpose. They are not a corporation they are a charity, and like a few big charities they do have a large income and subject to different scrutiny and rules. 

Oh, so you want to hit Scopes' income but think this will not hurt those they support and help.

You keep saying the truth will out, which truth yours?

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Threesticks
    You talk in riddles, and moreover start making wild claims about taking Gov to court, no one has suggested anything remotely like it. I do want people to respond. I want Scope to answer the question I've asked. It's not a lie about the £95 mil, I got the info from Scopes website, so I suggest you take it up with Scope.

Total income: £94.6 million. https://www.scope.org.uk/about-us/annual-report/

I'm not getting into, your deliberate attempt, to draw away from the real question I've repeatedly asked. You seem more intent on defending DWP(GOV) and the said profit of Scope.

Again you do not and cannot answer my question. It is clear, what the answer is. Because if Scope, have or had, a campaign taking on the DWP (which is the question), I'm positive you, and your ilk, would have taken great pleasure in making an example of me. Except all you have done is proven my point. There is NO campaign to take on DWP(GOV) by Scope.

So as a member of this community, I can only draw my own conclusions why.

• Threesticks
    "You yourself, right at the beginning of this post asked why Scope has not taken the DWP to court?! "

Where in this post does it say that, I'd be grateful if you could point that out for me please ? But, if this is your opinion, I would support that move by Scope.

Even when I give you the link to the information, you still attack me. I got the info off Scopes website and provide a link to the information. It has nothing whatsoever to do with my question though. Although I've answered you several times.

" I feel like your presence here is not helpful to the 100’s of people who come to these forums looking for help. "

I'm sorry I can't help how you feel, and from what I've been reading today, there are some who would disagree with you and said so, to a frustrating outcome for them.

It's a moot point though, Scope has tacitly answered my question. Thanks for your input.

• Threesticks
    edited August 2019
    But that isn't saying,

"You yourself, right at the beginning of this post asked why Scope has not taken the DWP to court?! "

It has become abundantly clear, that certain people have an agenda on here. You obviously have got me all wrong. I know Scope has done (since 1952) great work for disabled people, I don't knock that and have no intention of doing so. I had a specific reason for asking this question. Scope isn't the only one who is trying to get the best for its members. I would rather enlist their support. But, knowing what I know, cannot do that now.

I have others to consider. I cannot look them in the eye and inform them, Scope has or had taken on the DWP (GOV). It was a shock to me that Scope, didn't wipe the floor with me, telling me " of course we took them on and are still doing so" but that didn't happen. What happened was, I was attacked by A moderator, you and  Geoark even though I proved, from Scopes own website what I was saying was correct. I will concede the point of the 125k deaths, I cannot give you links to that, it is from Politicians I know personally and as I write are asking questions in the house.

I don't know if you were all sent to attack, a very simple question by me. But it does appear you all tried to, unsuccessfully, disrupt my post.

I will take your last post as a partial apology as you deliberately misquoted me. But unlike the moderator and
    @Geoark 
    You had the decency to reread the post and correct yourself, thank you for that. I have no need to continue on this matter, I have what I need.

• braca
    braca Community member Posts: 102 Pioneering
    @Threesticks you realise by now that they are trying to collude against yourself when you are only speaking the truth, you may notice when one of them posts about you they will like post and say it is awesome, this is to try and beat you into submission, one of them acts as if butter would not melt in their mouth whilst in reality they are being Smug claiming all benefits going and likes to massage ego and pull wool over peoples eyes.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.