Redeployment/Loss of work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Redeployment/Loss of work

BlackOut88
BlackOut88 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello,

I am currently on medical redeployment, this ends in September at which point i will be dismissed from my employment on medical grounds. I have been given all reasonable adjustments while i have been on deployment, i am currently filling in for staff who are either off work sick or on hols. Medical redeployment requires me to look for a permanent position before the end of September, I'm currently employed for 25 hrs and i can take any job within my remit, any hours, however they have told me that if a job for 16 hours comes up and its suitable i am to take that position, however, i live alone, i am struggling on 25 hrs a week but i am also struggling with work, am on medical redeployment as i have a long term illness, physical illness and mental health issues.
I have taken a few days here and there off sick this year. 
My question, what can i claim or do if i have to take reduced hours and what do i do when my employment ends in September?? Are there any sickness benefits and i will have been dismissed because of my medical condition? I did use to get disabled element tax credits but was taken off me to pass on to universal credits who said no basically as i was a full-time student, so i lost them, even those students loans are a loan! and repayable, universal credit wouldn't allow the tax credits but yet tax credits allowed me nearly 300 a month as a student! if i was entitled to it on tax credits what happened with universal? i was able to work part-time and now I've lost all that income but struggling to work full time?!
Can anyone advise, please?

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.