PIP f2f at home - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP f2f at home

Comments

• Saffy
    Saffy Community member Posts: 88 Courageous
    Best of luck for August 30th @Saffy!
    Thanks Adrian. How long should I leave it before asking for a copy of the report? And who do I ask, DWP?

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope it goes well on the 30th @Saffy!
    Scope

• JulieTuesday
    JulieTuesday Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    Hi Saffy I had my F2F done at home last week.  The lady was very sweet and never looked around our home even though I offered to let her see my bathroom and how I manage. She just asked to do some basic muscle tests on me sitting down and asked to see me walk about 6 steps in my living room. I think she was just checking that my words I wrote on my pip2 form were the same, it felt like a quiz to some extent. I have not asked to see a copy of the assessment as afraid to be disappointed, so I wait still on DLA and fingers crossed my next DLA payment is due next week, so I hope I get it. Good luck Saffy.  
  • Saffy
    @JulieTuesday , stressful time for you, waiting to hear, but hope everything goes well for you.
    I'll be sweating on getting my next DLA too. Assessment on 30th Aug, and my next DLA due 18th Sept.
    I've been trying to work out how on earth I'll ever manage on just my state pension. I don't expect they care about all the stress these claims cause. Oh well....
  • JulieTuesday
    I have a state pension too and thought if I don't get pip then maybe I could try for Attendance Allowance,  I'm not sure how these things work as I've never claimed for anything other than DLA. Don't get stressed I think maybe they are trying to help the oldies a bit more now as we are being forced over to PIP, it wasn't wanted and I would have thought that the state pension age should have been used to determine who goes to PIP or who stays on DLA. My DLA was indefinite and no reviews or anything, so no stress.  I'm trying to be positive.  :/

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I so feel for you all who have just had or are waiting for their f2f. Just got my letter in the post...my f2f is on 5th Sept...but at least it is at home!

I did send quite a bit of evidence and was hoping, maybe naively, that they wouldnt need to see me.

I`m 66, been on highest DLA since 2000. I have spastic paraplegia and need the help oof 2 carers and hubby for all personal care.

Have everyone best wishes at heart
    xx
  • pollyanna1052
    edited August 2019
    I so feel for you all who have just had or are waiting for their f2f. Just got my letter in the post...my f2f is on 5th Sept...but at least it is at home!

I did send quite a bit of evidence and was hoping, maybe naively, that they wouldnt need to see me.

I`m 66, been on highest DLA since 2000. I have spastic paraplegia and need the help of 2 carers and hubby for all personal care.

Have everyone best wishes at heart
    xx
    sorry, just to clarify...I need 1 carer at a time..not all 3....carers do 28 hours plus 2 sleepovers a week and hubby does the rest. I am a full time wheelchair user, need hoisting for all transfers.
  • JulieTuesday
    Pollyanna, I think you will be fine, your disabilities are so great how can they refuse.  I sent masses of consultants letters with my pip application and a letter from a caregiver, same as you prayed for a paper assessment. But I think they are reviewing most of the old DLA users to try and lower our money. Well, that's how I'm reading it on this forum from other posters. It seems so negative very few post a good positive reply. I don't wish to rock the boat and ask for my assessment review in case they are too busy. The assessor lady was quite nice but did cover every single question in the PIP descriptors that I had replied to on the PIP2 form. Just checking I knew what had been written I suppose, (which I did and more!)  Because we are older there is little chance our problems/illnesses will get better and I said this to her as well. Don't worry about the assessment it's not so bad at all. 
  • pollyanna1052
    Thankyou for your kind words Julie.
    Hope you get the right result too. xx
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Saffy. Leave it about a week until after the assessment to request a copy of the report. Good luck and please let us know how you get on! 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Saffy
  • pollyanna1052
    I`ve decided not to request a copy of my report, as it wont tell me what award I will or wont get. I`ll wait for the decision letter.
  • Chloe_Scope
    That's completely okay @pollyanna1052. :)
    Scope

• Saffy
    Found out it will be ATOS coming to do my f2f on Friday. Anything helpful I need to know about them?
    Anxiety getting to me now .?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger

A home assessment is the same as an assessment in a centre except it's in your own home of course. Do be aware that you will be watched from the minute they arrive. You will need to verify what you wrote in the PIP2 form as well as additional information, depending on what questions you're asked. The questions will be based on how your conditions affect you.

Good luck and do let us know the outcome.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @saffy - I had mine at home.

I found it helpful to have my application to refer to as I don't have a good memory.

I had a binder with a page for each category - and I made notes about extra things that I'd thought of.

I also asked the assessor if she could go through things in the order they were on the form but she didn't - not sure whether her script on her laptop wouldn't allow it, or she was trying to catch me out by jumping about all over the place...

Mine wasn't as bad as I thought it would be - although i was a bit nervous...

• JulieTuesday
    Hi Saffy, it was ATOS who came to see me.  I think just answer all the questions honestly and try to remember what you wrote on your PIP 2 form, my assessor jumped about from one category to another and didn't follow through as on the descriptors on the pip form. Mine was a lady and very sweet really, but after reading some of the things others have reported it did scare me a bit. I wore what I would normally wear at home and I didn't try to tidy up especially for the visit, just come as you find me. I offered tea but she refused it.  Best of luck try not to worry and just think you deserve this it's your right and you are entitled to some help.    
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @Saffy, I really hope it goes okay on Friday. :)
    Scope

• Saffy
    Thanks everyone. I'm just worried she/ he will take my confusion, slowness and forgetfulness as me trying to avoid answering questions. Hopefully it will be someone nice who is prepared to be patient with me.
    I'm also a bit worried about them snooping while I'm using the toilet. I had an assessment years ago and the guy went through my rubbish bin while I was in the bathroom. God knows what he was looking for.
  • pollyanna1052
    Thinking of you for tomorrow Saffy. Lets us know how it goes and I do hope you`re not too stressed out.

Having said that, I expect like me, you will be. Mine`s in 2 weeks. Take care sweetheart. xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.